Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right now we're looking at.

hYnT4kR.png

Even if we bring in Honey Badger. FS and CB#2 is still......  huge question marks.

So like, Who plays FS if we have Harris and Mathieu?

Harris stays deep like last year, Mathieu the guy that switches it up a little more.

He kinda changes up the D

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If you told me we wouldn't draft a defensive back I would have been calling for Howie's head, but I really like this class and I'd have to guess that the Eagles have some more faith in some of the other DBs on the team who haven't got to play. I also expect after the draft for us to sign a vet at safety and maybe corner as well.

I’m too lazy to look it up but I’m pretty sure I said when we first started the draft thread for this year that it would not surprise me to see us not prioritize the secondary.

I still think we should’ve taken a shot at a DB but I’m certainly not shocked we didn’t take one. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right now we're looking at.

hYnT4kR.png

Even if we bring in Honey Badger. FS and CB#2 is still......  huge question marks.

So like, Who plays FS if we have Harris and Mathieu?

We go into this year with this as our secondary and Johnathan Gannon will be fired by week 6. We had an absolutely horrific passing defense last year and this is arguably the worst secondary in the NFL right now. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

We go into this year with this as our secondary and Johnathan Gannon will be fired by week 6. We had an absolutely horrific passing defense last year and this is arguably the worst secondary in the NFL right now. 

I mean. If we want to be optimistic, let's say Zech McPherson takes a step up from the hopefulness we already had in TC last year with him. That'd leave the only substantial hole at FS. Also have to consider that our front 7 should be better this year.

I like what we did overall but I'm not crazy about it. 5 picks is laughable especially with nothing added to the secondary. Getting Davis, AJ Brown and Dean was huge. I like Jurgens but feel like I would've went in a different direction. As for day 3 I don't like anything we did. Overall B grade. 

18 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Have to remember just how poorly we were at sacking the QB last year too. Needless to say, that should be improved in 2022 with all of these front 7 additions and BG. Thus helping that secondary not have to cover for 3-5 seconds every pass play. Just saying.

23 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like what we did overall but I'm not crazy about it. 5 picks is laughable especially with nothing added to the secondary. Getting Davis, AJ Brown and Dean was huge. I like Jurgens but feel like I would've went in a different direction. As for day 3 I don't like anything we did. Overall B grade. 

The way I see it, we added 4 long term contributors to this team in the first two days. Day 3 we didn't have much to work with but... yikes it went poorly.

30 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I’m too lazy to look it up but I’m pretty sure I said when we first started the draft thread for this year that it would not surprise me to see us not prioritize the secondary.

I still think we should’ve taken a shot at a DB but I’m certainly not shocked we didn’t take one. 

I mean if we kept all our picks and wouldn't have done any trading I'm sure we would've taken one or two at some point, but with trading one of the 1sts to 2023, trading 3 day three picks for Jordan Davis. Trading up in the 6th with the 7th rounder. We finished with just 5 selections and I knew we were targeting a back-up to Reddick earlier in the draft. Think we would've taken Bonitto in the 3rd if he was there and we brought in DeAngelo Malone for a 30 visit too and he was taken the pick before we took Nakobe Dean. I wanted Dean more than Malone anyways. Doesn't surprise me we traded up for Kyron Johnson with the 7th. Doesn't surprise me we added another body at TE either. 

I absolutely think we did a great job with this draft. A.J. Brown counts as part of the draft to me. Kelce is likely gone after this year maybe he has 2 years max. I trust Stout, Kelce, and the Eagles to have gotten it right with Jurgens as the heir apparent at Center. Nakobe Dean appears to be a steal. Yes, they had to give up a few picks to move up for Davis but he can be an absolute force on the d-line for years. Kyron Johnson has a chance to be something at Sam for us and his speed will be valuable on special teams. Calcaterra is a really good receiving TE and would have went a few rounds earlier if not for him retiring and unretiring at Oklahoma. I want to see who they bring in as UDFAs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I absolutely think we did a great job with this draft. A.J. Brown counts as part of the draft to me. Kelce is likely gone after this year maybe he has 2 years max. I trust Stout, Kelce, and the Eagles to have gotten it right with Jurgens as the heir apparent at Center. Nakobe Dean appears to be a steal. Yes, they had to give up a few picks to move up for Davis but he can be an absolute force on the d-line for years. Kyron Johnson has a chance to be something at Sam for us and his speed will be valuable on special teams. Calcaterra is a really good receiving TE and would have went a few rounds earlier if not for him retiring and unretiring at Oklahoma. I want to see who they bring in as UDFAs.

While I agree with most of what you’ve said but if Kelce plays 2 more years the Jurgens pick is going to look really bad, IMO. 

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll check back on this I am busy at the moment. But one thing I will say right off the bat is I wouldn't have traded up for Jordan Davis. 

For sure and I don't mind that take. I wanted Jordan Davis more than Kyle Hamilton or Jermaine Johnson though. I wouldn't have minded staying at 15 and taking whichever one was there after Texans and Ravens picked, but I really wanted Davis. With that said, if we did stay at 15 or even traded back and gained more day 2 capital that would've been cool as well. I'm pretty happy overall with what we did in the draft/AJ Brown trade.