Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Sirianni and Roseman both just said that they see Jurgens as position versatile. They think he can play guard as well as center. 

Glad Zach asked it, nice to hear.

Was a whiff by the reporter pool day 2 not to ask.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif

I definitely was not included in this. I had been laughing at mock drafts months ago that had Linderbaum going in the top 10 like 7th overall to the Giants. Total lunacy by people who don't realize how positional value is factored into things. I kept telling people on here that we didn't need to draft a center in the 1st round who would be redshirting. Day 2? That's a different story. I was waxing poetic about the options that would be out there in the 2nd or 3rd round that we could develop including Jurgens. I still think Linderbaum deserved to be C1 in this class. His tape was easily the most consistent, but he doesn't have the kind of power Jurgens has. Both are amazing athletes. Jurgens tested a little better, but its marginal. Jurgens is more scheme agnostic than Linderbaum. He has almost 2 inch longer arms than Linderbaum. Yes, he needs some work on being more patient with hand placement and footwork, but I think he went to the perfect situation and he can develop into C1 in Philly and with him learning as a rookie under Kelce and the best OL coach in the league. I'd feel pretty confident in Jurgens hitting his ceiling. Linderbaum is closer to a finished product.

FRFFSaIXMAEkt96?format=png&name=large

Also, if I may... lets be honest here. Linderbaum is tailor made for a ZBS. The Ravens weren't the best fit for him. There are a lot of other teams in the league that run more zone blocking run plays than the Ravens including your Philadelphia Eagles.

Last year the Ravens ran zone blocking (IZ + OZ) on just 38% of their plays, meanwhile the Eagles ran zone blocking on 69% of their plays. Linderbaum wishes he went to Philly instead of Baltimore. Now, could the Ravens adjust their offense to accommodate him? Sure. Will they do it and if so... how much? No clue.

I don't think its crazy to think Jurgens could become C1, but he wasn't on tape in college despite his tools. He took a big leap this past year according to PFF's grades on him over his 3 years starting and he landed in the perfect situation to hit his ceiling. Not to mention its been reported by a few people that there was multiple teams that had Jurgens as the best center in this draft class.

I should’ve specified and said the majority of the board wanted TL in the top 10. It’s just laughable just about everyone goes from TL at C1 to Jurgens C1 and I’ve read that at numerous places since he’s been picked. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

I should’ve specified and said the majority of the board wanted TL in the top 10. It’s just laughable just about everyone goes from TL at C1 to Jurgens C1 and I’ve read that at numerous places since he’s been picked. 

Fair enough. I just wanted to put it out there in case you didn't remember, but I get what you mean with your comment. People do switch up when their team drafts a player, but I always liked Linderbaum a ton. I had watched a lot more of him before I found Jurgens from that Eagles draft twitter guy I've posted before was comping him to Kelce and I had to take a look at his film and fell in love with the potential he has. Most Eagles fans I saw on Twitter reacted horribly to the pick. I'm sure Kelce's stamp of approval he gave on the B/R show mellowed most out by now though.

I also thought responding to that allowed me to expound upon Linderbaum vs. Jurgens and the case you could make in favor of Cam. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have loved Linderbaum on the Eagles, but we weren't getting him where we picked Jurgens. Plus, I kinda wanted to just use the Tropic Thunder gif lol.

5 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Who wanted Linderbaum top 10? Show me where people here were saying that? Who did you want? 

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, @Scalamania I think Kelce has been contemplating retirement for at least a couple years, but he's a big fan of Hurts and the kind of person he is and he talked on Bleacher Report about how he helped pick out Cam Jurgens, cause he was the center that most reminded him of himself went on to say how he wants to leave the team in a better place than when he got here. I have a strong feeling this is his swan song and I hope the Eagles as a team do everything in their power to get him back to the playoffs. That Bucs loss isn't the way I want to see his career go out. I want to win at least 1 more playoff game with him and send him out on a good note. I really don't think Kelce would want to block Jurgens path to playing time for an extra year. It just doesn't seem like him.

We’ve had basically 3 centers since 2000, Hank Fraley, Jamaal Jackson and then Kelce. Talk about continuity. It’s honestly weird to think about a post-Kelce Eagles even though we’ve had a few seasons now to prepare ourselves for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oland11 said:

We’ve had basically 3 centers since 2000, Hank Fraley, Jamaal Jackson and then Kelce. Talk about continuity. It’s honestly weird to think about a post-Kelce Eagles even though we’ve had a few seasons now to prepare ourselves for it. 

Kelce is arguably on the Eagles mount Rushmore with Reggie White, Dawk, and Bednarik

• Like 1

Overall, I’m not upset but I’m not happy. I would’ve preferred Kyle Hamilton but I’m okay with Davis and Jurgens as basically being heir apparent to Fletch and Kelce. I hope Jurgens and Davis are able to learn a lot from their respective vets. 

I honestly didn’t think we’d draft Nakobe Dean but getting him in the 3rd was a steal imo. Pairing him with Davion, TJ, and Kyzir will allow us to mix and match our LBs for the best combinations depending on looks. I think our LB corp will improve compared to last year with TJ and Davion getting more experience in general. Davion just needs to get better at wrapping up his tackles. 

We have glaring needs at CB and safety still. Hopefully McPherson can take a step forward. 

Edited by oland11