2022 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread

CBears019

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Disagree, Willis meets the NFL QB qualifications.  Pickett on the other hand is the Mac Jones of this draft, super limited, already at his ceiling.

But already in position to win right now. 

Pickett isn’t flashy, he is just everything you want in a guy to steer the ship. The same exact things BB wanted in his Franchise guy. I’ll take BB/NE and Tomiln/PIT over all these other guys trying to find the new/next thing that will only work for a short time before the league figures it out like they always do

Just now, CBears019 said:

My interpretation is that he wanted at least one of them on the Bears for that same reason.  Hence why he said “that’s tough”.

I took it as he saw 3 former wr teammates with him go back to back to back and was excited for them 

Just now, HuskieBear said:

I took it as he saw 3 former wr teammates with him go back to back to back and was excited for them 

I guess both could be true?  He’s happy for his teammates being drafted early, but also wished they were being drafted by the bears?

hang on I’ll DM him and see if he can clear this up for us.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

But already in position to win right now. 

Pickett isn’t flashy, he is just everything you want in a guy to steer the ship. The same exact things BB wanted in his Franchise guy. I’ll take BB/NE and Tomiln/PIT over all these other guys trying to find the new/next thing that will only work for a short time before the league figures it out like they always do

In that division?  Aw hell no, and the NFL hasn't figured out Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, or Joe Burrow.  Hell throw Watson in their too.