GDT: Cowboys vs NFL Draft

WizardHawk

1 minute ago, quiller said:

Sigh.  Not a huge surprise. Obviously went need over BPA.  I think we are better but pity no trade down.  I understand why no Dean or Johnson because the OL capable of starting day 1 were limited get one now or you will not get one

So glad we cut La'el to get $1 mil in cap space to get an OT who needs a ton of coaching

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Tyler Smith.  OT a huge need.  Could not gamble that he would be there in round 2.

OT doesn’t help our biggest issue which was at OG. They had a RT in Steele and a backup in Ball. 

They have a glaring hole at DE, and OG. They could use another LB also and they draft Tyler Smith.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

OT doesn’t help our biggest issue which was at OG. They had a RT in Steele and a backup in Ball. 

They have a glaring hole at DE, and OG. They could use another LB also and they draft Tyler Smith.

Smith according to a lot of pundits can easily move to guard where his power and Size  can be more effective is considered a good run blocker I hope the plan was GUARD with the draft.  It yes he is a 30-35 value pick.  

This is one of my favorite picks in this draft. This kid is a mauler who will help them at right tackle right away. He needs a little help in pass protection, but the Cowboys will coach him up. Teams loved him more than analysts and his tape showed you why. This is a really good pick. (Pete Prisco)

A

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Dallas also has  LT who can't  stay healthy.  Smith will be a solid addition.  Plays permanently pissed off.  I'm no apologist for Jerry and company.  Far from it, but I said earlier don't sleep on Smith.  I remember fans screaming when a center from Wisconsin was drafted as well.  Everyone needs to wait until they see him in pads.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

Smith according to a lot of pundits can easily move to guard where his power and Size  can be more effective is considered a good run blocker I hope the plan was GUARD with the draft.  It yes he is a 30-35 value pick.  

Smith plays violently.  That will be a welcome addition.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Dallas also has  LT who can't  stay healthy.  Smith will be a solid addition.  Plays permanently pissed off.  I'm no apologist for Jerry and company.  Far from it, but I said earlier don't sleep on Smith.  I remember fans screaming when a center from Wisconsin was drafted as well.  Everyone needs to wait until they see him in pads.

Was that Cowboys fans? I remember loving getting him but being surprised they took him so early .