GDT: Cowboys vs NFL Draft

WizardHawk

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

It wasn’t. They traded back and got Frederick so a lot of fans understood. This feels more like a Taco pick. Everyone has been trading left and right, but Dallas sits there at #24 and overdrafts Tyler Smith.

You can only trade when there's a partner willing to give you something of value back.  JJ was on the phone and took all of the time.  It appeared that he was trying to get a deal done until the witching hour.

4 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I'm sure like every year their pick was by far the bpa.  They will also say they tried to move up to 15 to take him, but couldn't get a deal done. Let me also guess.  Whoever we get in the 2nd they will have had a 1st round grade on.   Nothing but truth coming from this front office.

Exactly. I’m sure they all thought Tyler Smith was the BPA over Linderbaum and Johnson. And like clockwork, we will hear them say those bolder words for whoever they draft in the 2nd round. 

Edited by Tony7188

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Exactly. I’m sure they all thought Tyler Smith was the BPA over Linderbaum and Johnson. And like clockwork, we will hear them say those bolder words for whoever they draft in the 2nd round. 

Are you certain they overdrafted Tyler Smith? If so, do you feel that way because you hadnt heard much of him until he was picked or preferred Johnson or Linderbaum?

Because if you have watched his games closely, you would see every single trait of a top offensive lineman that should have been a ton higher on all these "expert" TV analysts' lists. But because he went to Tulsa instead some SEC perennial powerhouse or one of those lower tier schools that everyone always digs a player or two out of, he was buried on most of those lists quite unfairly.

He is certainly not as pure bred NFL ready as Ikwonu, or Cross. But to many actual NFL and NCAA scouts and coaches, he has much higher upside than Penning, and has every trait you want in a big man up front. He isnt thensafest pick they could have made. But dont make it sound like they reached or picked some 3rd round caliber player. Because that is a severe overexaggeration.

• Like 1