With the 18th pick the Titans select Treylon Burks

615finest

14 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not sure how the discussion is still stuck on "we should have or shouldn't have paid AJ".

AJ didn't want to be here. The reporting after the fact made that clear. He wanted to go play with his friend in Philly. AJ didn't even give the Titans a chance to say "we're not paying you what you want".

Yeah, I said like five posts ago, but for some reason people are trying to make the argument that it was our (Robinson's) decision and that the team is actually better off not paying AJB.

AJ didn't want to be here.  Plain and simple. 

And AJ is no sure thing to be "Great."

He will continue to have great moments, but will he be great?  AJ problem was his injuries and really his ability to separate consistently. 
So many times in games he wouldn't be open. It was those play action passes that got him wide open. 
He made great contested catches at times. 

The way our offense works, I just think you don't have to pay someone like him in particular $100 million plus. If NWI can have some success then so can Burks. 

Our play action offense helps WRs, as much as they hate the run first approach.  Corey Davis showed that clearly. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

AJ didn't want to be here.  Plain and simple. 

And AJ is no sure thing to be "Great."

He will continue to have great moments, but will he be great?  AJ problem was his injuries and really his ability to separate consistently. 
So many times in games he wouldn't be open. It was those play action passes that got him wide open. 
He made great contested catches at times. 

The way our offense works, I just think you don't have to pay someone like him in particular $100 million plus. If NWI can have some success then so can Burks. 

Our play action offense helps WRs, as much as they hate the run first approach.  Corey Davis showed that clearly. 

I said this exact same thing when I said I could see TN training AJ if he doesn’t agree to a # J Rob has in mind he’s willing to pay him, & boy I was ridiculed 😣 anywayyy 😆. You’re dead on in this offense the run opens up the pass.. I think burks will flourish in our system 

On 8/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, TitanRedd said:

I said this exact same thing when I said I could see TN training AJ if he doesn’t agree to a # J Rob has in mind he’s willing to pay him, & boy I was ridiculed 😣 anywayyy 😆. You’re dead on in this offense the run opens up the pass.. I think burks will flourish in our system 

Burks is going to be a stud. I have no doubt about it. 

AJ didn’t want to be here because they offered him a a lower offer with incentives and imo he saw it as disingenuous because he knew there was no way he’d see enough targets to hit those incentives. And his agent knew other teams would pay more. 

had we been willing to pay what Philly did, he’d still be here. Also if the titans wanted to play hardball he’d still be here. AJ had no leverage, we had 1 year and the 2 franchise tags. The titans decided not they didn’t want to pay 25 mil, they made their final offer, AJ got mad, he wanted out, he got out and the titans got more value than they likely would have gotten otherwise. And make no mistake the only reason the Eagles (Or Dolphins with Tyreke for that matter) were able to pay AJ is because their QB and all their top skill players are still on rookie deals. That’s not the case here. 

I love what AJ did here, he’s a monStar, I would love to have seen him stay. But he does come with injury and drop issues. IMO had he stayed, he’d have held out, woulda shown up week 1 and would have been a soft tissue injury waiting to happen. the more I watch Burks and Phillips, the more I think we just might have made gourmet chicken salad outta you know what. We will see 

• Like 3