With the 18th pick the Titans select Treylon Burks

615finest

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

👀👀👀

Kid should definitely get a lot of opportunities.

Any QB passes for more than 1000 yards, you may as well pencil him in.

I hate how easy it’s become for QBs to win awards like these for mediocre performances.

man, watching more burks and he's mega-talented but i just hate how raw he is running routes. NFL corners will lock him down if he doesn't get his stuff cleaned up. AJ was lightyears ahead of him from the jump. i could see him having a rough start to his career even if he does eventually develop into a baller.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man, watching more burks and he's mega-talented but i just hate how raw he is running routes. NFL corners will lock him down if he doesn't get his stuff cleaned up. AJ was lightyears ahead of him from the jump. i could see him having a rough start to his career even if he does eventually develop into a baller.

Keep it simple with him year 1. Screens, slants, drags, post and occasionally go routes. Anything to take advantage of his YAC ability. Go with that 2013 Josh Gordon gameplan

18 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Keep it simple with him year 1. Screens, slants, drags, post and occasionally go routes. Anything to take advantage of his YAC ability. Go with that 2013 Josh Gordon gameplan

Both played in the Briles offense which is pretty much known for its simple route trees and big learning curve at the next level so that's probably smart.

ANALYSIS: It's fun to watch consistent outside zone teams draft because they are so aware of their needs and the kinds of players who fit perfectly into their system. As co-host Gary Gramling and I discussed on the MMQB NFL Podcast, Burks represents the most significant gamble on "system over player" that we've seen from any coach running the offense. Kyle Shanahan held out on Deebo Samuel. Mike Vrabel and Jon Robinson allowed A.J. Brown to leave for the Eagles. We identified Burks as the perfect kind of player for that system, one who could have ideally fit in Green Bay had the Titans not scooped him up in the late teens.

In conclusion this is what I been saying to you all, it’s not hard replacing a WR in a run 1st offense. I honestly think Burks is going to be more DBO Samuel than AJ starting off & at the worst case he’s going to be Jarvis Landry a big slot WR. 

I do wonder if we plan on trying some of the wide back stuff that Shanahan uses with Deebo. Robinson has invested in receiving backs over the years (paid Dion Lewis and Day 2 pick on Evans), and that role is kind of up in the air. I know Hilliard is back, but that’s a big bet on him.

Obviously would be an easy way to get him touches and work him into the offense as he learns to be a complete receiver.

15 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

ANALYSIS: It's fun to watch consistent outside zone teams draft because they are so aware of their needs and the kinds of players who fit perfectly into their system. As co-host Gary Gramling and I discussed on the MMQB NFL Podcast, Burks represents the most significant gamble on "system over player" that we've seen from any coach running the offense. Kyle Shanahan held out on Deebo Samuel. Mike Vrabel and Jon Robinson allowed A.J. Brown to leave for the Eagles. We identified Burks as the perfect kind of player for that system, one who could have ideally fit in Green Bay had the Titans not scooped him up in the late teens.

I mean, this isn’t saying it’s going to be easy to replace AJ, it’s saying that it’s a huge gamble on system over player. Which it obviously is.

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I do wonder if we plan on trying some of the wide back stuff that Shanahan uses with Deebo. Robinson has invested in receiving backs over the years (paid Dion Lewis and Day 2 pick on Evans), and that role is kind of up in the air. I know Hilliard is back, but that’s a big bet on him.

Obviously would be an easy way to get him touches and work him into the offense as he learns to be a complete receiver.

we'd be stupid not to. but we've been stupid on offense before, lol