With the 18th pick the Titans select Treylon Burks

615finest

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I always thought Burks looked a little chubby, especially in the face, but never once did I worry about him being in shape. His film shows him doing his thing. 
Hopefully, he has the work ethic not to eat himself out the league with more money and time. 

I know nothing about Burks and assume he does have a good work ethic.

that said…he BETTER have that type of non stop work ethic. Cuz the previous guy did

9 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know nothing about Burks and assume he does have a good work ethic.

that said…he BETTER have that type of non stop work ethic. Cuz the previous guy did

If he doesn't live in the weight room but can stay healthy. I'll take it. Lol   

51 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If he doesn't live in the weight room but can stay healthy. I'll take it. Lol   

My point is more...to be a great WR (or any player) you have to be obsessively dedicated to the craft. Those guys obviously don't grow on trees. I have zero clue about Burks' work ethic and am going to assume he's a very hard worker. But my point is more...he better be.

I ain’t really gonna play the compare game with Trey. He is his own player to me. He will have his own story good or bad, and that has nothing to do with previous players for me. Excited to see what HE brings. Not gonna micro dissect everything that happens like what brand inhaler he uses. Ultimately we just need to collectively gather a team that can win a super bowl. Whatever kind of player that takes Trey being I am here for it. Gonna be patient with the process.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, deeluxx3 said:

My point is more...to be a great WR (or any player) you have to be obsessively dedicated to the craft. Those guys obviously don't grow on trees. I have zero clue about Burks' work ethic and am going to assume he's a very hard worker. But my point is more...he better be.

I agree see Kenny Britt, he really had all the tools but no passion for the game to be great 

Rams making trades to land franchise QB, win SB, and handing out mega contracts to Kupp, Donald, on top of the moves they made to make the SB (OBJ, Ramsey).

Meanwhile, this franchise finally stumbles upon an elite receiver, and can't pay him so they trade him away for someone with breathing issues at the position. Nice.

I knew this was going happen just didn't think AJ would be the one. Thought we would lose Landry tbh. Cause like we have SO many young players that are going to DEMAND TOP MONEY. Big Jeff's contract will be MASSIVE. idk. Kinda wish we could've kept Corey if we were trading AJ. I like Woods Davis Burks Phillips alot better than Woods Burks NWI... But whatever. I do like Burks but just like Davis I think he will under preform but we have enough everywhere else to still win the SB. And we did trade a 2nd LAST YEAR RT to get Julio trying to make that SB run.. Not like the rams no one is going Rams other than maybe the Bucs. So lets just move on and not worry about something that we can't fix lol 

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Rams making trades to land franchise QB, win SB, and handing out mega contracts to Kupp, Donald, on top of the moves they made to make the SB (OBJ, Ramsey).

Meanwhile, this franchise finally stumbles upon an elite receiver, and can't pay him so they trade him away for someone with breathing issues at the position. Nice.

We don’t have money like the rams owner has, & when we do we make trades & try to compete with the best of em, see Julio. I honestly think the titans didn’t feel comfortable paying AJ big money due to his injury history & our style of offense why pay a WR 25 + mill when you not going to use him in a modern passing attack offense, 5.5 targets a game 

38 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We don’t have money like the rams owner has

And that's the key fundamental issue with professional sports. Baseball is boring because some owners are trying to make a profit while others throw bundles of money at rosters. It's starting to creep into the NFL - some owners spend and strive to win a championship, while others are trying to stay profitable.

When you see the writing on the wall - your team's owner isn't willing, or able, to make any and every effort to win - then why bother supporting the organization if they aren't nearly as invested in winning as the fans?

46 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

And that's the key fundamental issue with professional sports. Baseball is boring because some owners are trying to make a profit while others throw bundles of money at rosters. It's starting to creep into the NFL - some owners spend and strive to win a championship, while others are trying to stay profitable.

When you see the writing on the wall - your team's owner isn't willing, or able, to make any and every effort to win - then why bother supporting the organization if they aren't nearly as invested in winning as the fans?

Can we stop this narrative? It has no basis in reality. Every NFL team is absurdly profitable.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Can we stop this narrative? It has no basis in reality. Every NFL team is absurdly profitable.

Hi, are you new to the NFL? If so, welcome! It's a fun league to follow, but believe me when I say that there are teams that make trades due to inability to pay players, or, rather, inability to move the necessary guaranteed money into an escrow account for the player's contract.

Khalil Mack being traded from the Raiders to the Bears was not because he was a toxic locker room presence, or sucked, but because their owner was paying and building a new stadium in Vegas, and could not afford to set aside 90 million guaranteed at the same time, so they did the best what they could and got draft picks back.

There are absolutely owners who can afford to splurge and bring in FA / pay their own players, and there are owners that are financially stretched to where we see these trades occur. When you realize you root for a team that falls into the second category, it's a rather bleak outlook knowing that competitively your team may be limited by off-field monetary restraints.

42 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Hi, are you new to the NFL? If so, welcome! It's a fun league to follow, but believe me when I say that there are teams that make trades due to inability to pay players, or, rather, inability to move the necessary guaranteed money into an escrow account for the player's contract.

Khalil Mack being traded from the Raiders to the Bears was not because he was a toxic locker room presence, or sucked, but because their owner was paying and building a new stadium in Vegas, and could not afford to set aside 90 million guaranteed at the same time, so they did the best what they could and got draft picks back.

There are absolutely owners who can afford to splurge and bring in FA / pay their own players, and there are owners that are financially stretched to where we see these trades occur. When you realize you root for a team that falls into the second category, it's a rather bleak outlook knowing that competitively your team may be limited by off-field monetary restraints.

Every owner in the NFL isn’t a multi billionaire that can create cap at the drop of the dime by cutting a fat check. The titans aren’t cheap they spend money when they have the money are always big spenders in FA, made trades for a julio jones. They’re simply not going to play the restructure game every yr to keep creating cap space their pockets just not that deep it’s not fair I get it you want a championship at all cost I’m with you, but to act like we’re cheap when every time we ever had a boat load of money in FA, we spent money. 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Every owner in the NFL isn’t a multi billionaire that can create cap at the drop of the dime by cutting a fat check. The titans aren’t cheap they spend money when they have the money are always big spenders in FA, made trades for a julio jones. They’re simply not going to play the restructure game every yr to keep creating cap space their pockets just not that deep it’s not fair I get it you want a championship at all cost I’m with you, but to act like we’re cheap when every time we ever had a boat load of money in FA, we spent money. 

This.  Yes, some owners don't convert money to cap space in bonuses as often, but the Titans did that this year with Byard.  They've done it before recently too.

The main thing that has no basis in reality is cheap owners "trying to be profitable instead of trying to win."  The most profitable thing you can do for a team is win the Super Bowl.  Even becoming a perennial playoff team is worth a whole lot more than even a few players' signing bonus.

It's just not a thing.