With the 18th pick the Titans select Treylon Burks

615finest

Just now, -Hope- said:

we'd be stupid not to. but we've been stupid on offense before, lol

Yeah, it’s more me wondering if I should give the offensive staff the benefit of the doubt. It just seems like there’s an obvious and available role for him there.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, it’s more me wondering if I should give the offensive staff the benefit of the doubt. It just seems like there’s an obvious and available role for him there.

You have more faith then I do. I was apprehensive about drafting Burks because I don't think the Titans have the creativity to use him lol

29 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

On this note

“ESPN's Jordan Reid believes the Titans "are likely to force feed [Treylon Burks] as a rushing and receiving threat" in 2022. 

The 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft and the de factor replacement for A.J. Brown -- who was dealt to the Eagles last week -- Burks should be in for a hefty workload, even in Tennessee's run-first offense. Reid said Burks "could have an impact in multiple areas because of the volume of touches he is likely to get early as a rookie." He had 29 rushing attempts for 188 yards and one touchdown in his final two collegiate seasons. At Arkansas, Burks feasted on intermediate targets and was dominant after the catch. He was highly efficient on downfield targets and ate up single coverage. Mostly a slot receiver at Arkansas, expect Burks to see more time out wide in Tennessee as the team's alpha wideout. The rookie could skyrocket up fantasy draft boards with enough hype this summer. “

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

If we never force fed AJ, I don’t see it happening with a rookie in Burks. Love to be proven wrong though.

The only benefit of the doubt I’d give is that it’s probably tough to try to manufacture a ton of creative touches for a guy that spends two years with nagging leg injuries. You probably don’t want him absorbing a bunch of contact on 2-5 yard carries.

I don’t want to give the coaching staff too much credit, but given how productive he was when we did force targets his way, it feels hard for me to believe no one was able to recognize that.

This play won't be on any highlight reels but one of my favorite plays from Burks at Arkansas was converting this 4th down with a minute left against Missouri down by a TD in a must-have situation. The effort to get there was pretty awesome.

Edited by WPS
  • Like 1

all this talk of tannehill and mentorship and whatever...frankly i'm more inclined to hope robert woods takes treylon under his wing. as a route running technician if he can help shore up that part of treylon's game, the sky is the limit for this guy

28 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

all this talk of tannehill and mentorship and whatever...frankly i'm more inclined to hope robert woods takes treylon under his wing. as a route running technician if he can help shore up that part of treylon's game, the sky is the limit for this guy

Same.  While he's at it, he can take Fitzpatrick and McMath under his wing too.

But yeah, Tannehill needs to just worry about playing better.  Let Tim Kelly coach up Willis.

2 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Whew!

So glad that happened.  Really thought he was going to be cut, traded or sent to the XFL for not handling the heat well.   
Hopefully, he can at least be practice squad this year and see what happens after that!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought Burks looked a little chubby, especially in the face, but never once did I worry about him being in shape. His film shows him doing his thing. 
Hopefully, he has the work ethic not to eat himself out the league with more money and time.