Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

IF there was time, which there wasn't. Hence all the checkdowns

How long does this idiot need to see a rotating Safety? That's where his eyes should be AT THE SNAP. As soon as the Safety moves, Adams route is dead. That should be so instantaneous, that it's not even a read.

And let's even say that they get him a couple of times on the shift, bruh, what's the excuse for the next 30 snaps for not having the counter in the front of his head?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How long does this idiot need to see a rotating Safety? That's where his eyes should be AT THE SNAP. As soon as the Safety moves, Adams route is dead. That should be so instantaneous, that it's not even a read.

And let's even say that they get him a couple of times on the shift, bruh, what's the excuse for the next 30 snaps for not having the counter in the front of his head?

The QB has do go through the progressions whether rolled coverage or not. Whether you would assume (cant do it) it may be a dead route or not. It's a timing issue engrained by 100's of reps. IT's a timing and footwork issue integrated into the route concepts. Just because you want him to pull off read No.1 early, doesn't make read No.2 open any faster. Not much you can do when your first read is covered and you either check it down or take a sack. That was the issue in the SF game. My outlandish idea that MLF should have had a set of plays to counter this was my main point, and will continue to be my point. When 90% of your plays had Adams as the first read, that is a design fail waiting to happen. And it did.

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Buddy, this was your idiotic supposition. Not mine.

You said Rodgers can't recognize rolled coverage. That's a ridiculous statement that simply isn't true. One might even call it idiotic.

You've hated Rodgers for 3 years. It hasn't aged well. Tossing out statements that are flat out false doesn't help your case

Edited by cannondale

27 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The QB has do go through the progressions whether rolled coverage or not. Whether you would assume (cant do it) it may be a dead route or not. It's a timing issue engrained by 100's of reps. IT's a timing and footwork issue integrated into the route concepts. Just because you want him to pull off read No.1 early, doesn't make read No.2 open any faster. Not much you can do when your first read is covered and you either check it down or take a sack. That was the issue in the SF game. My outlandish idea that MLF should have had a set of plays to counter this was my main point, and will continue to be my point. When 90% of your plays had Adams as the first read, that is a design fail waiting to happen. And it did.

No. He doesn't.

The coverage-change, changes the routes that the WRs are running. You think if you've got a play called in which both boundary receivers are running vertical against Cover-1, that they're going to run those dead routes if the defense changes to Cover-2??? That would be idiotic. 

The QB and the WR making the same post snap read is exactly what makes adapting to the offense, and the QB/WR mind meld so difficult. 

• Like 1