Bears draft CB Kyler Gordon (Washington) 39th overall

CBears019

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not giving him too credit for Peters since he only played 1 year (8 games) and was good before Lake was there.  If Gordon is anything like Murphy then it's not worth a 2nd round. Jones wasn't good when he was healthy. Rapp has 1 solid year under his belt and has only stayed healthy 1 out of 3.

Again though, the point is, Gordon could end up being anything from a bust to great. Just like any other player in the 2nd.

I don't think anyone is saying differently...just that you are maybe underrating the talent to have come out of that programme when it comes to DBs IMO.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think anyone is saying differently...just that you are maybe underrating the talent to have come out of that programme when it comes to DBs IMO.

I just don't buy into the whole "X player comes from Y college so he's bound to be Z type player".

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I just don't buy into the whole "X player comes from Y college so he's bound to be Z type player".

Nor do I...but I don't think you can see that some schools give certain positions more of a foundation than others...usually that is more down to good coaching at the position than the school itself but I think the foundation these Washington DBs are getting is pretty good...how they then take to pro coaching & schemes is a totally different prospect and these guys need to be willing to put in the work to continue to build.

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah it means he could end up being a good player (Marcus Peters), or a solid player (Taylor Rapp), or a complete bust (Kevin King, Sydney Jones, Byron Murphy).

Who would've though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...