With the 47th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Commanders select Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh for sure, but it’s still impressive that he got 9 sacks as a DT in the SEC in 14 games. He isn’t likely going to ever get 9 sacks in the NFL, but him doing that at Alabama in the SEC is the closest thing to him doing it in the NFL. 

At this point people are just hating Mathis/the pick just to do it, bc I don’t know how you can watch him or look at his stats and not be impressed.

You defending these moves that will never gets this Franchise another Super Bowl are confusing me. I bet the Steelers drafted Pickett with the expectation he will be able to produce some of those same college stats in the NFL. Fans aren't hating, we are tired of less than average product this Franchise has turned into. 

3 minutes ago, DCNative said:

You defending these moves that will never gets this Franchise another Super Bowl are confusing me. I bet the Steelers drafted Pickett with the expectation he will be able to produce some of those same college stats in the NFL. Fans aren't hating, we are tired of less than average product this Franchise has turned into. 

You think a 2nd round pick is going to be the difference in Washington getting to another Super Bowl or not? I highly doubt that.

Generally 2nd round picks are role players on good teams. Like I said, I expect Mathis play 50-60% as our 3rd DT. Then, hopefully he shows enough to replace Payne when/if they decide to move on from him.

I’m defending these moves against the many people who think the picks sure to be awful selections. Just because Rivera/Mayhew didn’t take one of the guys “you ” wanted them to take doesn’t mean that this pick is going to end up being a bad one.

I’m very confused by the Pickett explanation/comparison. 

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You think a 2nd round pick is going to be the difference in Washington getting to another Super Bowl or not? I highly doubt that.

Generally 2nd round picks are role players on good teams. Like I said, I expect Mathis play 50-60% as our 3rd DT. Then, hopefully he shows enough to replace Payne when/if they decide to move on from him.

I’m defending these moves against the many people who think the picks sure to be awful selections. Just because Rivera/Mayhew didn’t take one of the guys “you ” wanted them to take doesn’t mean that this pick is going to end up being a bad one.

I’m very confused by the Pickett explanation/comparison. 

It's not about Rivera taking guys I wanted. It's about building a roster that can compete for a Super Bowl. 

Tell me what they have done that's gonna win us a Super Bowl since everything I write You in particular have to reply too? 

Tell me Please. 

40 minutes ago, DCNative said:

The giants won 2 Super Bowls against the greatest QB of all time with a deep talented defensive line.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCNative said:

It's not about Rivera taking guys I wanted. It's about building a roster that can compete for a Super Bowl. 

Tell me what they have done that's gonna win us a Super Bowl since everything I write You in particular have to reply too? 

Tell me Please. 

I don’t think we have a Super Bowl roster either but, I think we’ve made steps to head more towards that direction this off-season.

Trading for Carson Wentz gives this franchise the best QB it’s had since Kirk Cousins & Wentz has more talent than Cousins but, he has to play more consistently and make smarter plays rather than always trying to make the big splash play. We’ll see if Turner can get him to do that and if Wentz has learned from his mistakes in those areas the last two years.

I mean that trade alone put us on more of a trajectory to getting to the playoffs and being a contender more than anything else we could’ve done which was possible. The very top franchise type QBs didn’t want to come here, Wentz was the best available of the next bunch.

The rest is obviously betting that guys who played great 2 years ago will get healthy and play great this year (Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Logan Thomas & Curtis Samuel) plus the addition of Dotson as a 3rd WR will help our offense be more consistent & explosive than it’s been the last 5 years as well.

I realize you won’t like that answer, but that’s it.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The giants won 2 Super Bowls against the greatest QB of all time with a deep talented defensive line.

Yup and Ron traded for Wentz witch cost us our depth on the Dline. Than spent a 2nd round pick on a DT. Make that make sense please. Let's not forget he Overspent for Wentz as well. 

Just now, DCNative said:

Yup and Ron traded for Wentz witch cost us our depth on the Dline. Than spent a 2nd round pick on a DT. Make that make sense please. Let's not forget he Overspent for Wentz as well. 

You must be really fun at parties.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think we have a Super Bowl roster either but, I think we’ve made steps to head more towards that direction this off-season.

Trading for Carson Wentz gives this franchise the best QB it’s had since Kirk Cousins & Wentz has more talent than Cousins but, he has to play more consistently and make smarter plays rather than always trying to make the big splash play. We’ll see if Turner can get him to do that and if Wentz has learned from his mistakes in those areas the last two years.

I mean that trade alone put us on more of a trajectory to getting to the playoffs and being a contender more than anything else we could’ve done which was possible. The very top franchise type QBs didn’t want to come here, Wentz was the best available of the next bunch.

The rest is obviously betting that guys who played great 2 years ago will get healthy and play great this year (Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Logan Thomas & Curtis Samuel) plus the addition of Dotson as a 3rd WR will help our offense be more consistent & explosive than it’s been the last 5 years as well.

I realize you won’t like that answer, but that’s it.

Trading for Wentz hurt our Cap and also was dumb because they bid against no one but themselves. You lost your Dline depth and will be without a 2nd round pick next year because of Wentz. Yet he won't produce us a Super Bowl nor a Playoff Win. 

See that's not what Super Bowl winning Franchises do. Last I checked Matt Stafford got the Rams a Super Bowl for all the picks and money they traded away for him. Also who was in the Super Bowl coaching staff. Two of our last offensive coordinators. Young assending minds actually winning in the league. 

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

Trading for Wentz hurt our Cap and also was dumb because they bid against no one but themselves. You lost your Dline depth and will be without a 2nd round pick next year because of Wentz. Yet he won't produce us a Super Bowl nor a Playoff Win. 

See that's not what Super Bowl winning Franchises do. Last I checked Matt Stafford got the Rams a Super Bowl for all the picks and money they traded away for him. Also who was in the Super Bowl coaching staff. Two of our last offensive coordinators. Young assending minds actually winning in the league. 

What are you talking about? This makes no sense. We didn’t give up much at all to get Wentz. The Rams gave up a lot of high picks, we didn’t have to part with a 1st round pick. 

We replaced our DT depth in the 2nd round of draft w/ Mathis. So, solved that issue.

We have no idea if Wentz will or won’t win us a playoff game or make us a Super Bowl contender. Just because you believe it won’t happen, doesn’t make it true, that’s just your opinion. And opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.

The last paragraph you wrote directly contradicts the first paragraph you wrote, you do know that right?

The Rams traded for Stafford & they instantly became a Super Bowl contender. Yet, you act like Washington trading for Wentz makes us worse or something? The two don’t compute. Us trading for Wentz makes our offense better just on that move alone, how much better remains to be seen when the season begins, no one can be for sure right now.

Also, last time I checked our HC has won a Super Bowl too. Let’s see what happens when the season starts.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Also, last time I checked our HC has won a Super Bowl too. Let’s see what happens when the season starts.

I'll leave the rest of your comment as I can see the pros and cons, but wanted to focus on this. Rivera won as a player. Not as a HC. That's not the same thing as they require two different skillsets.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What are you talking about? This makes no sense. We didn’t give up much at all to get Wentz. The Rams gave up a lot of high picks, we didn’t have to part with a 1st round pick. 

We replaced our DT depth in the 2nd round of draft w/ Mathis. So, solved that issue.

We have no idea if Wentz will or won’t win us a playoff game or make us a Super Bowl contender. Just because you believe it won’t happen, doesn’t make it true, that’s just your opinion. And opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.

The last paragraph you wrote directly contradicts the first paragraph you wrote, you do know that right?

The Rams traded for Stafford & they instantly became a Super Bowl contender. Yet, you act like Washington trading for Wentz makes us worse or something? The two don’t compute. Us trading for Wentz makes our offense better just on that move alone, how much better remains to be seen when the season begins, no one can be for sure right now.

I guarantee trading for Wentz doesn't make us a instant playoff contender. That's how much faith I have in Wentz at this point, but am I hoping he proves me wrong sure. But I wouldn't bet on Wentz. 

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We're really counting Rivera's Super Bowl win with the 85' Bears? Seriously lol