2022 Draft - Day 3

gopherwrestler

Im just happy we have a new GM and coach I'll wait a few years to start praising Kwesi or start calling him a bust of a GM

Rick had ample opportunities

Im not surprised one bit hes doing things a bit different because of his background as being an analytics based guy

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Is it? Im tired of collecting extra later picks for earlier picks. Why not for once just stick and take the BPA? WHY try to get cute? I dont get it. 

Yeah I’m really not a fan of getting this cute with the draft board and trading around this often. Spielman did it too and it’s infuriating. Just wonder how much of it is just ego driven and trying to appear to be the smartest guy in the room. Didn’t really work for Spielman. 

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Im just happy we have a new GM and coach I'll wait a few years to start praising Kwesi or start calling him a bust of a GM

Rick had ample opportunities

Im not surprised one bit hes doing things a bit different because of his background as being an analytics based guy

Curious how Kwesi's first draft will compare to Spielman's.  Rick nailed Smith but not so much anyone else.  Jarius Wright contributed some nice plays and Walsh was good until wide left but I don't see anything else notable 

Just now, Boda said:

Curious how Kwesi's first draft will compare to Spielman's.  Rick nailed Smith but not so much anyone else.  Jarius Wright contributed some nice plays and Walsh was good until wide left but I don't see anything else notable 

What notable drafts did Spielman ever have. Let’s be honest. Maybe the draft with Kendricks and Hunter but looking at everything in its entirety, how many drafts did we really have with multiple big hits. 

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

What notable drafts did Spielman ever have. Let’s be honest. Maybe the draft with Kendricks and Hunter but looking at everything in its entirety, how many drafts did we really have with multiple big hits. 

'18(O'Neil & Conklin)/ '19(ISJ & Mattison) /  '20(Jefferson, Cleveland, Dantzler, Osborn & Possibly Wonnum) & possibly '21 depending on how what players do but Darrisaw & Nwangwu seem okay and I like what Bynum did in his short time and ISM still have high hopes for.

I suppose you could say the jury is out on the '19 - '21 class but theyre looking like multiple hits.  As long as it isn't as bad as 2016 my god that was ugly (Treadwell/MacAlex/Beavers/Brothers/Boehringer/Morgan/Weatherly/Kearse).  Was Weatherly or Mac the best player from that draft? 

Edit: wasn't listing them as all notable just as multiple hits

2nd Edit: There is no maybe about the '15 class that might be one of the best classes anyone has ever put together. (Kendricks/Diggs/Hunter/Waynes) Thats a nasty 4 and pretty good when your 1st rounder is the worst of the bunch

Edited by Boda

17 minutes ago, Boda said:

'18(O'Neil & Conklin)/ '19(ISJ & Mattison) /  '20(Jefferson, Cleveland, Dantzler, Osborn & Possibly Wonnum) & possibly '21 depending on how what players do but Darrisaw & Nwangwu seem okay and I like what Bynum did in his short time and ISM still have high hopes for.

I suppose you could say the jury is out on the '19 - '21 class but theyre looking like multiple hits.  As long as it isn't as bad as 2016 my god that was ugly (Treadwell/MacAlex/Beavers/Brothers/Boehringer/Morgan/Weatherly/Kearse).  Was Weatherly or Mac the best player from that draft? 

Edit: wasn't listing them as all notable just as multiple hits

2nd Edit: There is no maybe about the '15 class that might be one of the best classes anyone has ever put together. (Kendricks/Diggs/Hunter/Waynes) Thats a nasty 4 and pretty good when your 1st rounder is the worst of the bunch

16 was probably Kearse tbh….. only real “starter” left.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

16 was probably Kearse tbh….. only real “starter” left.

True but he's kind of just starting to contribute and im not sure he's done anything close to what Mac did & I loved Kearse and wanted to keep him & bring him back