Draft Day 3 Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, DCNative said:

And he did what? Barely even hit the field. Look up his snap count. Also check out the Cleveland Browns 2021 2nd round pick tape compared to Davis and ask yourself how was Davis picked over him. 

I sorry you have no patience.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

But according to our coach, he's an OLB. I don't mind playing him at Mike and in fact, I think he can do a credible job. I just think a guy like Dean would've been better and turned a weakness in our defense into a strength. Right now, our LB corps is still the weakest link.

I think it all comes down to how Jamin Davis progresses at OLB. Holcomb is consistently a good LB whether he’s playing MLB or OLB. 

If Jamin can make the jump like Isaiah Simmons did from his rookie to 2nd year, our D should be good this year.

Simmons’s 2nd year:

105 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 7 passes defensed, 1 int, 1.5 sacks & 4 forced fumbles 

They play 2 LBs 75% of the snaps. Those 2 linebackers will be Holcomb & Jamin Davis w/ probably Hudson replacing Collins as that 3rd Lb/Buffalo nickel in some packages. 

On run downs, 25-30% of the game on run downs, they’ll have Mayo on the field playing Mike but Holcomb will always have the green dot. 

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I sorry you have no patience.

No you guys can't admit the truth. Last time we won a Playoff game was when? Last time we were in serious contention for a Super Bowl was when? Yet I have no patience. 

8 minutes ago, DCNative said:

No you guys can't admit the truth. Last time we won a Playoff game was when? Last time we were in serious contention for a Super Bowl was when? Yet I have no patience. 

Last time I checked this season hasn’t happened yet.  So for you to already be calling it a failure is premature. 

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Last time I checked this season hasn’t happened yet.  So for you to already be calling it a failure is premature. 

Me calling out consistent behavior leading the team to fail is what a fan is suppose to do. I also give credit when it's due. Fans continue to be silent about us not winning a playoff game since 2005, yet We constantly support the team has to change. 

3 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Me calling out consistent behavior leading the team to fail is what a fan is suppose to do. I also give credit when it's due. Fans continue to be silent about us not winning a playoff game since 2005, yet We constantly support the team has to change. 

Ya I’m sure you complaining about it on this message board is going to bring big changes.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Your opinion is not “the truth” it’s just your opinion.  

The fact we haven't won a playoff game since 2005 is the truth. The fact the overspent for Wentz is the truth. The fact trading for him cost us Cap space is the truth. The fact we have HC that chooses a lot of his friends oppose to quality staff  is the truth. The fact the Browns rookie LB had a better season than Davis last year is the truth. 

Edited by DCNative

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

We don’t know the truth yet, it’s all a guess at the point. We won’t know the truth on how good this team will be until the season.

23 minutes ago, DCNative said:

What are you talking about? Fans & the DC sports media complain about this team not winning a playoff game constantly on every platform there is.

There is a small % of the fanbase which always had burgundy & gold glasses on and believes everything they do will work out.

There is no one like that on this board for sure.