Draft Day 3 Thread

MikeT14

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So final results of the trade:

Washington Receives: #16 (WR Jahan Dotson), #98 (RB Brian Robinson Jr.), #144 (QB Sam Howell), #149 (TE Cole Turner)
New Orleans Saints Receives: #10 (WR Chris Olave)
Carolina Panthers Receives: #120 (LB Brandon Smith) #189 (OLB Amare Barno)

Thoughts from everyone?

I think we did very well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not as scared that Olave is going to be that much better than Dotson. I'm scared that Jameson is going to be light years better.

To me they’re different types of WRs. It’s hard to compare. Jameson Williams has the potential to be like DJax, that big play WR who all of a sudden makes a huge play but doesn’t have a ton of receptions. Like 60 recs, 1100 yds & 6-10 TDs.

Dotson is that more consistent possession type. He’ll have more catches & make a lot of plays off yac but they won’t be the explosive downfield plays as much.

Like 60/70recs, 1000 yds & 6-10 TDs but he’ll be more of a volume recs guy, not as many explosive plays.

Terry will be our explosive, big play downfield guy still.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

To me they’re different types of WRs. It’s hard to compare. Jameson Williams has the potential to be like DJax, that big play WR who all of a sudden makes a huge play but doesn’t have a ton of receptions.

Dotson is that more consistent possession type. He’ll have more catches & make a lot of plays off yac but they won’t be the explosive downfield plays as much.

Dotson game tape reminds me of Santana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MosEisley said:

Dotson game tape reminds me of Santana.

Yeah, I was going to say Santana too. They do play very similarly. I frankly just didn’t want to say it bc I’m sure many would disagree but I agree with the comp.

Dotson = Santana Moss

Jameson Williams = DJax 

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I was going to say Santana too. They do play very similarly. I frankly just didn’t want to say it bc I’m sure many would disagree but I agree with the comp.

Dotson = Santana Miss

Jameson Williams = DJax 

Get outta here -Santana 40 time ... 4.31,,, FOUR POINT THREE ONE !!!!!!!!

A decent number of guys I’ve watched and liked still left on the board. 

Rasheed Walker popped when I watched him block Chase Young, although maybe  it turns out that wasn’t quite as difficult a task as I once considered it. I thought he looked like a future 1st rounder at that point.

Josh Jobe and Tariq Castro-Fields both have some game and would provide much needed depth right out of the gate.

JoJo Domann is a guy I was never quite sold on, but pretty classic tweener/Buffalo nickel type player. A dude who will definitely contribute on ST as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

A decent number of guys I’ve watched and liked still left on the board. 

Rasheed Walker popped when I watched him block Chase Young, although maybe  it turns out that wasn’t quite as difficult a task as I once considered it. I thought he looked like a future 1st rounder at that point.

Josh Jobe and Tariq Castro-Fields both have some game and would provide much needed depth right out of the gate.

JoJo Domann is a guy I was never quite sold on, but pretty classic tweener/Buffalo nickel type player. A dude who will definitely contribute on ST as well.

Jobe would be great.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard Buffalo nickel in the past 3 months I too could buy twitter.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Jobe would be great.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard Buffalo nickel in the past 3 months I too could buy twitter.

Lord, isn’t it exhausting? Had never heard the term until November, now I can’t remember life before it. 

While on the subject, Yusuf Corker and Smoke Monday could OL potentially play that *unnamed* role if they’re looking for a Collins Lite.

• Like 3

Just now, e16bball said:

Lord, isn’t it exhausting? Had never heard the term until November, now I can’t remember life before it. 

While on the subject, Yusuf Corker and Smoke Monday could OL potentially play that *unnamed* role if they’re looking for a Collins Lite.

Hilarious you just said that. I was literally looking at best available and said "man let's get Smoke to play Buffalo" 

• Like 1

6'4"323 lbsTulsa
15POS RK
188OVR RK
56GRADE

dm_220426_DM_NIK_BONITTO_DRAFT_PROFILE.jpgplay

0:41

Nik Bonitto's NFL draft profile

Check out the best highlights from Oklahoma LB Nik Bonitto's college career.

Pre-Draft Analysis

Paul is a four-year starter who has lined up at both guard spots and both tackle spots. He flashes the ability to move defenders off the ball and has a finisher's mentality, but he plays high, leans and falls off too many blocks. He has a powerful punch and is big enough to anchor in pass pro. However, he loses inside leverage and gets beat to the inside. -- Steve Muench

• Like 1