Draft Day 3 Thread

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Show this to Ron and make sure Hudson hits the field. As said guys weren't even allowed on the field. Davis was in and out even after being a 1st round pick. So as said they need to show me their coaches have faith in them to even be out in the field often. 

I am entirely guessing but, it’s the explanation/hunch I have as to why we didn’t draft a Lb even in the 4th or 5th rounds when there were certainly guys there to take who could be good depth.

To me this is the only explanation I have is that the coaches do believe in Jamin or are going to start him period & they do believe in Hudson so that’s why they were ok in moving on from Collins - they wanted him back no doubt but not at what Collins thought he was worth.

They also liked what they saw out of Mayo at MLB. It’s literally the only explanation for them not taking a LB higher in the draft.

It just is what it is, I don’t agree with it but they must like their top 4 in house guys & they will sign a FA or 2 to come in and compete to be back ups with some UDFA types.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I am entirely guessing but, it’s the explanation/hunch I have as to why we didn’t draft a Lb even in the 4th or 5th rounds when there were certainly guys there to take who could be good depth.

To me this is the only explanation I have is that the coaches do believe in Jamin or are going to start him period & they do believe in Hudson so that’s why they were ok in moving on from Collins - they wanted him back no doubt but not at what Collins thought he was worth.

They also liked what they saw out of Mayo at MLB. It’s literally the only explanation for them not taking a LB higher in the draft.

It just is what it is, I don’t agree with it but they must like their top 4 in house guys & they will sign a FA or 2 to come in and compete to be back ups with some UDFA types.

Ok it is what it is and guess what the Results will remain the same. So when fans start to complain, Understand they had the opportunity to improve and choose not too. 

50 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Ok it is what it is and guess what the Results will remain the same. So when fans start to complain, Understand they had the opportunity to improve and choose not too. 

Maybe, maybe not. We can’t say right now how Jamin will play in his 2nd year. There are a lot of LBs who struggled as rookies learning new defense, overthinking & adjusting to the speed of the game etc, but then their 2nd year when they knew the defense and weren’t overthinking they had much better years.

I like to use the Isaiah Simmons comp/hope for Jamin.

Jamin actually had a better rookie season than Simmons - despite Simmons being drafted 8th overall - last year in Simmons’s 2nd year he really progressed.

In Simmons’s 2nd season he had 105 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 1 int, 7 passes defensed, 1.5 sacks & 4 QBs hits.

Edited by turtle28

So final results of the trade:

Washington Receives: #16 (WR Jahan Dotson), #98 (RB Brian Robinson Jr.), #144 (QB Sam Howell), #149 (TE Cole Turner)
New Orleans Saints Receives: #10 (WR Chris Olave)
Carolina Panthers Receives: #120 (LB Brandon Smith) #189 (OLB Amare Barno)

Thoughts from everyone?

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So final results of the trade:

Washington Receives: #16 (WR Jahan Dotson), #98 (RB Brian Robinson Jr.), #144 (QB Sam Howell), #149 (TE Cole Turner)
New Orleans Saints Receives: #10 (WR Chris Olave)
Carolina Panthers Receives: #120 (LB Brandon Smith) #189 (OLB Amare Barno)

Thoughts from everyone?

I’d take what we did. 

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Brian Robinson is a better RB than Gibson. 

Definitely better as a pure running back. Gibson has Robinson on explosion & receiving ability. It’s going to be interesting to see how they utilize Gibson, McKissic & Robinson. 

My opinion is Robinson is going to take on that Peyton Barber role which they missed last year as a pure in between the tackles runner/short yardage guy. 

I think Gibson is still the starter but he’ll be utilized a little differently. Maybe he won’t have as many in between the tackle runs as he did last year, more off tackle, outside runs, receptions on screens, in space & maybe some jet sweeps.

I envision McKissic having the same exact role. This should be exciting!

Edited by turtle28