The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That seems like an unrealistic ask. Tony needed Pepper to beat Obadiah. Tony needed Rhodey and Natasha to beat Whiplish. Tony had Rhodey and Pepper to help him beat Killian (technically he didnt even beat him). Thor needed Jane to make him worthy. Thor needed Jane for her science sticks in Dark World and Loki prior to that. Thor needed the Revengers for Ragnorok and they didnt even beat Hela. Captain America had a whole team in First Avenger. Cap had Natasha and Falcon in Winter Soldier. Cap had a whole team in Civil War. 

If the big three never did it alone, why are we asking Spider-Man?

You're reaching big time, and I think you know it.

I never said he shouldnt have any support or help at all, but dont act like Pepper pulling a lever or Jane doing next to nothing is the same as an Avenger or SHIELD holding Spideys hand in every movie.

None of them felt nearly as coddled as Spider-Man has in the MCU.

If Mary Jane, Harry Osbourne, etc... help him in some way...so be it, but its time for a Spider Man that isnt completely overwhelmed and needs his hand held by other Avengers.

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I think Tom Holland has been pretty much the perfect Spider-Man to date. Easily the best remaining part of the MCU.

I love Holland in the role.

I just think the movies and writing dont do him justice as a character.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I never said he shouldnt have any support or help at all, but dont act like Pepper pulling a lever or Jane doing next to nothing is the same as an Avenger or SHIELD holding Spideys hand in every movie.

If Mary Jane, Harry Osbourne, etc... help him in some way...so be it, but its time for a Spider Man that isnt completely overwhelmed and needs his hand held by other Avengers.

I dont think I am reaching. If Pepper isnt there in Iron Man 1 Tony is dead. If Jane doesn't exist than Thor is still wandering the world as a mortal and his hammer is still stuck in the desert. 

I understand what you are saying, but I would argue that the hold handing ended in far from home once Mysterio beat him down in their first fight against each other. 

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Peter single handedly took down the Vulture and his crew in Homecoming without Stark's tech.  He then just about single handedly took down about 3000 armed drones attacking London with Happy doing little more than giving him a ride and bringing a backup suit.  He has had a lot of mentors and support because he is 15.  He might be 16 now, i'm not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree.  Peter needs a big growing up moment.  If Disney anticipates having Holland for the next 10 years I can get by with one more baby Parker.  But if they’re still treating him like a fun loving puppy dog by Spider-Man 4, that’s gotta stop.

As long as he is in high school, a mentor is going to be a big part of the story (Dr Strange next?).  Exactly like the comics, except they used Tony Stark moreso than Norman Osboure, Curt Conners, and the various professors he has through high school and college in the comics.  If Holland is going to be around another decade, then he'll have plenty of opportunity for stand alone moments.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

As long as he is in high school, a mentor is going to be a big part of the story (Dr Strange next?).  Exactly like the comics, except they used Tony Stark moreso than Norman Osboure, Curt Conners, and the various professors he has through high school and college in the comics.  If Holland is going to be around another decade, then he'll have plenty of opportunity for stand alone moments.

I'm guessing Osbourne and Conners will be the college years

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Peter single handedly took down the Vulture and his crew in Homecoming without Stark's tech.  He then just about single handedly took down about 3000 armed drones attacking London with Happy doing little more than giving him a ride and bringing a backup suit.  He has had a lot of mentors and support because he is 15.  He might be 16 now, i'm not sure.

I never said he didnt have any heroic moments, and Ive acknowledged his youth is why he has mentors...but its played out.    Thats my point.   His character hasnt grown much since being introduced in Civil War.  Far From Home just basically copied Homecoming in terms of Peters journey through the movie...

1) Peter gets trusted with advanced Stark Tech

2)  Peter screws up.

3) Peter cries and gets a pep talk.

4)  Peter relies on his own abilties to save the day.

Homecoming was fine...but his character didnt develop at all in Far From Home.

Its time to move him forward....not just more of the same "been there, done that".

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Tatiana Maslany denied being cast as She-Hulk.

https://www.cnet.com/news/tatiana-maslany-denies-shes-been-cast-as-she-hulk-in-disney-plus-series/

"That actually isn't a real thing and it's like a press release that's gotten out of hand," Maslany told the Regina Leader-Post newspaper. "It's not actually a thing, unfortunately. Yeah, I don't know how these things get—I don't know, I don't know. You know better; I have no idea."

Seems.... strange

On 10/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, 43M said:

Literally the whole point of Homecoming is that Peter took down a Big Bad without any help from Tony. Personally, I think you're missing the point of Far From Home, which was that Tony gave Peter the tools to be a better hero than Tony was. That's part of the growing-up process, too.

Maslany thing is weird, don't know what you mean @kingseanjohn about saving her for a better role. What "better role" is there in the MCU? Most if not all of the big-name superheroines have already been taken.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast