The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

13 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Was just about to post this.

They even make vague references in the shows like "the invasion" in DareDevil. 

I actually don't agree with this point of view.  Maybe I need to watch more (and I will), but it seems like the MCU movies and these shows are separate.  For example, Daredevil, Hell's Kitchen, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Ironfist aren't really mentioned or reference in the MCU movies, I don't believe.  I know the movies are referenced in the show, but it's not the other way around.

One thing about the MCU movies is that they're for the entire family.  None of them are rated R or mature.  I'm willing to bet Loki, Wandavision and those other Disney+ shows will all be rated suitable for the entire family.  None of them are going to be like Jessica Jones or Daredevil season one.  Jessica Jones and Daredevil season one are suited for adults with sex scenes and graphic blood/violence. 

I think there's a clear separation between the two.

Granted, I believe some of these characters will make their way into MCU movies - such as Daredevil, for example.  But if he does, it won't be as graphic as his Netflix show is.

That's just my opinion.  Not sure why @Outpost31 feels the way he does.

19 minutes ago, showtime said:

I actually don't agree with this point of view.  Maybe I need to watch more (and I will), but it seems like the MCU movies and these shows are separate.  For example, Daredevil, Hell's Kitchen, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Ironfist aren't really mentioned or reference in the MCU movies, I don't believe.  I know the movies are referenced in the show, but it's not the other way around.

One thing about the MCU movies is that they're for the entire family.  None of them are rated R or mature.  I'm willing to bet Loki, Wandavision and those other Disney+ shows will all be rated suitable for the entire family.  None of them are going to be like Jessica Jones or Daredevil season one.  Jessica Jones and Daredevil season one are suited for adults with sex scenes and graphic blood/violence. 

Granted, I believe some of these characters will make their way into MCU movies - such as Daredevil, for example.  But if he does, it won't be as graphic as his Netflix show is.

They treat em separate, but they exist in the same universe. The Netflix shows were just a means for them to show off their more adult fare.

14 hours ago, showtime said:

They are, according to Marvel, part of the MCU. That's enough for me, despite @Outpost31's insistence on ignoring facts.

You can tag me all you want and use what they said all you want.  Marvel knows it, Disney knows it, the actors involved in the Netflix show know it.  They're "connected" so people are more interested in the Netflix show.  If they ever introduced Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cake into the actual Marvel films, they're casting someone else and they're having a completely different backstory. 

Iron Fist was an embarrassment.  The Defenders was even more of an embarrassment.  They're not connected. 

This article here does a nice job of saying what I want to say in a nicer way:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/17/stop-pretending-the-mcu-is-connected-to-marvels-netflix-shows

Basically, you're like a kid who still believes in Santa Claus if you believe that the Netflix shows are connected to the MCU. 

Sure, go ahead and say they're connected.  Disney and Marvel will probably let you believe in this dream all you want.  At the same time, I can say that The Big Lebowski and The Sixth Sense and Rambo all exist in the MCU and it will be just as true for how much it actually matters in the grand scheme of the MCU movies. 

Jessica Jones will never appear in a Marvel movie or Disney+ television series as she was in the Netflix series.  Same for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.  And if Daredevil ever shows up, although there's a chance they use the same actor (only because he was the best thing about the Netflix series), they're going to cast a new Foggy, a new Bullseye, a new Kingpin and on and on and on. 

You're all kidding yourselves. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

You can tag me all you want and use what they said all you want.  Marvel knows it, Disney knows it, the actors involved in the Netflix show know it.  They're "connected" so people are more interested in the Netflix show.  If they ever introduced Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cake into the actual Marvel films, they're casting someone else and they're having a completely different backstory. 

Iron Fist was an embarrassment.  The Defenders was even more of an embarrassment.  They're not connected. 

This article here does a nice job of saying what I want to say in a nicer way:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/17/stop-pretending-the-mcu-is-connected-to-marvels-netflix-shows

Basically, you're like a kid who still believes in Santa Claus if you believe that the Netflix shows are connected to the MCU. 

Sure, go ahead and say they're connected.  Disney and Marvel will probably let you believe in this dream all you want.  At the same time, I can say that The Big Lebowski and The Sixth Sense and Rambo all exist in the MCU and it will be just as true for how much it actually matters in the grand scheme of the MCU movies. 

Jessica Jones will never appear in a Marvel movie or Disney+ television series as she was in the Netflix series.  Same for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.  And if Daredevil ever shows up, although there's a chance they use the same actor (only because he was the best thing about the Netflix series), they're going to cast a new Foggy, a new Bullseye, a new Kingpin and on and on and on. 

You're all kidding yourselves. 

The movies don't have to reference the shows in order to exist in the same universe. The fact that the shows reference the movies mean that they take place in the same universe, therefore they are part of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. Quality of the shows don't matter, they are PROVEN to be a part of the MCU because the shows actually reference events in the movies. It's SIMPLE.

• Like 1

Just now, skywlker32 said:

The movies don't have to reference the shows in order to exist in the same universe. The fact that the shows reference the movies mean that they take place in the same universe, therefore they are part of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. Quality of the shows don't matter, they are PROVEN to be a part of the MCU because the shows actually reference events in the movies. It's SIMPLE.

Lol.  Yes, it's SIMPLE.  Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist will PROVE to be NEVER referenced in the movies.  Until/unless they cast someone else and completely discard everything about them established in the shows. 

As far as the movies are concerned, saying that Daredevil et all are connected is as meaningful as saying The Big Lebowski and Jurassic Park are connected.  Go ahead and consider them canon to your heart's content.  It doesn't change the fact that they're canon up until Marvel wants Daredevil and decides to change their mind on the Netflix series ever being connected. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Yes, it's SIMPLE.  Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist will PROVE to be NEVER referenced in the movies.  Until/unless they cast someone else and completely discard everything about them established in the shows. 

As far as the movies are concerned, saying that Daredevil et all are connected is as meaningful as saying The Big Lebowski and Jurassic Park are connected.  Go ahead and consider them canon to your heart's content.  It doesn't change the fact that they're canon up until Marvel wants Daredevil and decides to change their mind on the Netflix series ever being connected. 

Not required to be part of the universe. The difference between Big Lebowski and Jurassic Park being connect to MCU and Daredevil being part of it is that Daredevil is PROVEN to take place in the same universe based on things in the show. Nothing is explicitly connected between Big Lebowski and MCU or Jurassic Park and MCU.

The shows don't have to be important to be part of the MCU, they just have to take place in the same universe, which they FACTUALLY do.

Not required to be part of the universe. The difference between Big Lebowski and Jurassic Park being connect to MCU and Daredevil being part of it is that Daredevil is PROVEN to take place in the same universe based on things in the show. Nothing is explicitly connected between Big Lebowski and MCU or Jurassic Park and MCU.

The shows don't have to be important to be part of the MCU, they just have to take place in the same universe, which they FACTUALLY do.

Holler back at me once the movies remotely in any way, shape or form acknowledge the shows that got canned because Disney decided to come out with their own streaming platform.

I get you like the show and want them to be connected, but... I'm sorry... Plans change.  The Netflix series (plural) are currently bastard children that the MCU no longer wants to acknowledge.  They are a failed experiment that got cancelled. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Holler back at me once the movies remotely in any way, shape or form acknowledge the shows that got canned because Disney decided to come out with their own streaming platform.

I get you like the show and want them to be connected, but... I'm sorry... Plans change.  The Netflix series (plural) are currently bastard children that the MCU no longer wants to acknowledge.  They are a failed experiment that got cancelled. 

Again, the movies do not need to reference the shows for them to be part of the universe. They take place in the same universe, therefore they are part of MCU. The cancellation or discontinuation doesn't matter. You also don't have to like everything in MCU for it to take place in MCU.

Let me ask, do you consider The Incredible Hulk part of MCU?

Again, the movies do not need to reference the shows for them to be part of the universe. They take place in the same universe, therefore they are part of MCU. The cancellation or discontinuation doesn't matter. You also don't have to like everything in MCU for it to take place in MCU.

Let me ask, do you consider The Incredible Hulk part of MCU?

Again, if a tree falls with nobody to hear it, does it make a sound? 

On 1/1/2020 at 6:19 AM, D82 said:

Nightcrawler would be a good character to start off with introducing the X-Men. He was also one of the original members IIRC. 

For the Len Wein (which eventually led into the Chris Claremont X-Men that most people who grew up on and gained their familiarity with from the 90's cartoon are most familiar with) "reboot," yes, he was one of the originals.  You know, after they ditched the all WASP teens X-Men from their first incarnation.

Honestly, getting back to the Len Wein roots would be good - and marketable... at least within current Hollywood - for Disney with the X-Men.