The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but still can't see him pulling it off. Even if he can get the acting down, is anyone gonna buy a baritone gruff sounding voice from him and can he even pull off that kind of voice?

I dont see why not

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Hopefully they don't continue the disgusting trend of whitewashing Asian characters and actually cast an Asian guy for Shang-Chi, though Kevin Fiege said he's aiming for more diversity so I don't think it'll be a problem. Plus the last thing they want is another GitS controversy (which Paramount themselves admitted hurt GitS at the box office) after the whole Captain Marvel RT debacle.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Acgott said:

So I guess this means Dave Bautista's back to play Drax, too, right? 

But my guess is firing Gunn was just a ploy to try to save face on Disney's part (they are, after all, seen as the "kid friendly" company and a guy poking fun at pedophilia isn't a good look for them), hoping the PR ishstorm would blow over when they'd eventually begin shooting GotG3. After all, the article says they haven't talked with anyone about replacing Gunn as the film's director.

19 minutes ago, Acgott said:

This is disgusting. The more I read his twitter feeds and his pics  the more I'm convinced of what he is, and it wasn't some hollow accusation. This guy admitted in just about every way without actually using the phrase that he was a proud pedophile. Jokes are jokes but the more you hear about someone joking about a certain topic the more you think it has some roots in their way of thinking.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

But my guess is firing Gunn was just a ploy to try to save face on Disney's part (they are, after all, seen as the "kid friendly" company and a guy poking fun at pedophilia isn't a good look for them), hoping the PR ishstorm would blow over when they'd eventually begin shooting GotG3. After all, the article says they haven't talked with anyone about replacing Gunn as the film's director.

He’s not just a guy poking fun at it. This wasn’t just a joke or two.  He made hundreds of jokes about it.  That’s not normal humor.  He went to pedophile themed parties.  That REALLY isn’t normal. He’s a sick degenerate who needs help.  I guess the #MeToo movement doesn’t care about creeps who are into kids. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

He’s not just a guy poking fun at it. This wasn’t just a joke or two.  He made hundreds of jokes about it.  That’s not normal humor.  He went to pedophile themed parties.  That REALLY isn’t normal. He’s a sick degenerate who needs help.  I guess the #MeToo movement doesn’t care about creeps who are into kids. 

yeah...find it interesting that people on twitter are happy he's back, but would they feel the same way if his tweets were racist or misogynistic?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

#ThisisHollywood

My new hashtag.

I mean I have been around alot of people who say disgusting jokes just for kicks or to get a rise out of people at a party. Some get rubbed the wrong way, some just laugh it off. Perveted jokes, racist jokes, genocide jokes, most people giggle or have to fight back the laughter at one that just hits them right. But usually when people do it, they drop the genre of the joke and move on to something equally offensive on a different topic because the genre gets old real quick and that's when people start getting pissed. Not because of the offensiveness of it but because the more that person harps on it the more it sinks in with people around them that that's maybe all they think about.

I defended Bill Cosby after the first allegation because I couldn't fathom a guy who by all appearances was a complete model citizen and never gave any hint of doing such a thing. 30 accusations later and I feel like a fool. But I am the type of person that if another person constantly jokes or talks about something then there is a reason they always talk about it and it's not just for kicks or conversation.

• Like 1

Just now, August4th said:

yeah...find it interesting that people on twitter are happy he's back, but would they feel the same way if his tweets were racist or misogynistic?

Exactly, and I wonder if these same people would have the decency to feel ashamed if it's discovered Gunn and Iger weren't able to destroy all the Hard Drives with *ahem*....questionable pictures on there.