The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

Shortest. Divorce. Ever.

Though I'm not complaining. I just hope that Venom/Carnage is still somehow involved, and we see it be more of a Spider-Man involved story as opposed to one incorporating Stark. 

Feige hinted that Sony will be using Holland in their Villain Universe as well.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

which solo outings do you put ahead of them?

Well, for sure Raimi S2.  I would put Raimi S1 ahead as well because I used to love it, even though I dont care for it now.

I would probably put Homecoming 3rd, pretty much by default...but it barely felt like a true Spiderman solo movie.  

Every other Spidey movie is meh.

Raimi Spiderman 2 is the only truly great one IMO.

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Highly disagree. Far From Home was outstanding.

This, it was far better (no pun intended) than the last 3 live-action Sony Spider-Man films, which is why we got the MCU Spidey deal in the first place.

And before anyone brings up Into the Spiderverse, little fun fact: Sony was hands off with that film and didn't even think it would be a good movie (hence why it didn't get the marketing budget) and were instead focusing on the Emoji Movie, which was, of course, a complete disaster.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I like Holland as Spidey, but the solo  Marvel Spidey movies haven't really been great....just solid Avengers side stories.   Hopefully they bring it with 3.

Agreed 100%.  I’m not sure what all the excitement is about this reconciliation.  Sure I love seeing Spidey I’m the MCU but what does that even look like now with RDJ, Chris Evans and ScarJo being gone?   Seeing him guest star in Dr. Strange 2?   Okay I guess.  His affiliation in that world is the highlight of this news bcuz his solo films aren’t very good.  Homecoming was solid but Far From Good suuuuuuuuucked.  

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

And before anyone brings up Into the Spiderverse, little fun fact: Sony was hands off with that film and didn't even think it would be a good movie (hence why it didn't get the marketing budget) and were instead focusing on the Emoji Movie, which was, of course, a complete disaster.

I don't understand. How can Sony be hands off on their own production? Where are you getting they were pushing The Emoji Movie over Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, thrILL! said:

While I don’t feel like we’ve seen the definitive version of Bruce Banner yet, I think Norton definitely came the closest.  I like Mark Ruffalo as an actor but I never really bought him in the role.  

Hot take alert: I prefer Norton to Ruffalo as well.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, for sure Raimi S2.  I would put Raimi S1 ahead as well because I used to love it, even though I dont care for it now.

I would probably put Homecoming 3rd, pretty much by default...but it barely felt like a true Spiderman solo movie.  

Every other Spidey movie is meh.

Raimi Spiderman 2 is the only truly great one IMO.

What was actually good about Spiderman 2? What was it about it that makes you think "Great"?

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What was actually good about Spiderman 2? What was it about it that makes you think "Great"?

I thought the action and story were top notch.   They did a fantastic job making Doc Oc a sympathetic villain and Alfred Molina was a fantastic casting job.   They progressed the Harry Osborne story nicely, and everything with Peter doubting his ability to be Spiderman was well done too.

Most of all, it actually felt like Spiderman....not Iron Man Jr like the Marvel films have portrayed him.     Not that I dont like the Marvel Spidey at all, but the Raimi films simply portrayed him closer to what Spiderman actually is.

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I thought the action and story were top notch.   They did a fantastic job making Doc Oc a sympathetic villain and Alfred Molina was a fantastic casting job.   They progressed the Harry Osborne story nicely, and everything with Peter doubting his ability to be Spiderman was well done too.

Most of all, it actually felt like Spiderman....not Iron Man Jr like the Marvel films have portrayed him.     Not that I dont like the Marvel Spidey at all, but the Raimi films simply portrayed him closer to what Spiderman actually is.

Everything about Marry Jane and Harry Osborne was just unwatchable to that movie for me.

Maybe I just hate angsty heroes who complain about being heroes. 

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast