The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Marvel wouldn't do it because 1) MCU movies aren't that dark and 2) Jessica Jones kind of dived into it but I think it'd be more interesting for a body/mind manipulator to be the villain than a power stealer. Way more traumatic and a much more powerful arc.

I dont think anything they did on Jessica Jones is going to influence what they do going forward. You do seem to contradict yourself a bit here though, you say that my proposal is too dark but by your own admission submit a more traumatic arc? I contest the too dark for the MCU bit for sure. IF ended with big name character dissolving to dust and Endgame saw two character fight to commit suicide for the cause and Tony's death wasn't very PG either. Besides, the Kree messed with her mind in the first movie. 

Really I want this more for Rogue than Carol, but I still think it would be something different that the MCU hasnt done to leave the main character without what makes them super. 

49 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think anything they did on Jessica Jones is going to influence what they do going forward. You do seem to contradict yourself a bit here though, you say that my proposal is too dark but by your own admission submit a more traumatic arc? I contest the too dark for the MCU bit for sure. IF ended with big name character dissolving to dust and Endgame saw two character fight to commit suicide for the cause and Tony's death wasn't very PG either. Besides, the Kree messed with her mind in the first movie. 

Really I want this more for Rogue than Carol, but I still think it would be something different that the MCU hasnt done to leave the main character without what makes them super. 

You are misinterpreting. I wasn't calling your route dark. I was calling my preferred route dark. Nothing I said was about the power stealing arc.

Just got done with a rewatch of the Infinity Sage. God Dang the ending of Endgame still gets me into an emotional tizzy. I might not sleep tonight. They hit you with Tony's death so many times it's like, just put a faucet on my tear ducts already.

Pepper looking him in the eye while he is dying and just knowing exactly what to say, "Tony, we are going to be fine."

His holo message being like, nah everything is going to work out just as it should and then last second he looks up right at Morgan and Pepper, "I love you 3000."

The proof that Tony Stark has a heart.

Morgan asking Happy for cheeseburgers, "I'll get you all the cheeseburgers you want kid."

Even the got dang end credits saving RDJ's card for last and the longest got me. 

Hell I started tearing up again just typing this ish out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Captain America: Civil War again, first time in a long time. I maintain my original position on it, I think that movie is just okay, it feels like there's about 10 minutes really good stuff on two different stories that is crammed into 2.5 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hopefully DaCosta realizes that the lead character needs to have some sort of character growth during the movie.  Marvel is 0 for 2 so far with that for Captain Marvel.  Remembering how you were a badass before your current iteration of being a bad *** before realizing you are essentially an all powerful bad *** isn't character growth or any real sort of journey.

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Hopefully DaCosta realizes that the lead character needs to have some sort of character growth during the movie.  Marvel is 0 for 2 so far with that for Captain Marvel.  Remembering how you were a badass before your current iteration of being a bad *** before realizing you are essentially an all powerful bad *** isn't character growth or any real sort of journey.

I mean, Dan Brown did consult on the script, he didn't, but it feels like he did. They have made her powerful, now I think getting a horror/thriller screen writer/director onboard, I'm hoping that they can break down Captain Marvel some, she's physically powerful, but how can they mess with her mentally, I think that's where it's going to be important.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I mean, Dan Brown did consult on the script, he didn't, but it feels like he did. They have made her powerful, now I think getting a horror/thriller screen writer/director onboard, I'm hoping that they can break down Captain Marvel some, she's physically powerful, but how can they mess with her mentally, I think that's where it's going to be important.

She needs to have some sort of trouble, some sort of struggle.  Mentally would work if they can do it better than the memory loss angle of the first movie.  If they ever do go the Rogue route, I hope they can disguise it so it really is surprising.

Edited by THE DUKE

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

She needs to have some sort of trouble, some sort of struggle.  Mentally would work if they can do it better than the memory loss angle of the first movie.  If they ever do go the Rogue route, I hope they can disguise it so it really is surprising.

Yeah, I think having a Secret Invasion storyline would make a lot of sense. The Skrull who the MCU has almost treated like good guys and she has treated as such, all of a sudden aren't the good guys we thought they were and almost having her snap and go a bit dark I think could be interesting to do.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Some of us came up with a pretty sweet Rogue layout for the next 2 Cap Marvel flicks... let me see if I can find it

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast