The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

She did film Iron Man 2 a decade ago lol

oh i know.  They've all visibly aged, which has worked because the timeline of the movies has followed real time.  But this is going backward in time, so they'll have to deal with it somehow.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

oh i know.  They've all visibly aged, which has worked because the timeline of the movies has followed real time.  But this is going backward in time, so they'll have to deal with it somehow.

If Renner is in it, he will probably need more work than ScarJo

On 6/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, skywlker32 said:

After delving a little into the history of lesser known X-Men:

I don't even think you need to go lesser known - Gambit, Forge and Bishop were mainstays of the group, and we have yet to see serviceable efforts on any (Forge is basically forgotten, but was/is a key member and has abilities that could be pretty useful). 

Center the next stories around these guys - bring in the famous guys where needed (you'll need Rogue to do Gambit right, Wolverine has become a staple of all XM canon, etc) but by and large - building around others would make this line fresh again.

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't even think you need to go lesser known - Gambit, Forge and Bishop were mainstays of the group, and we have yet to see serviceable efforts on any (Forge is basically forgotten, but was/is a key member and has abilities that could be pretty useful). 

Center the next stories around these guys - bring in the famous guys where needed (you'll need Rogue to do Gambit right, Wolverine has become a staple of all XM canon, etc) but by and large - building around others would make this line fresh again.

I don't disagree at all really. Was just looking into some of the more unique other characters that could result in interesting stories.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

I don't disagree at all really. Was just looking into some of the more unique other characters that could result in interesting stories.

I want a proper Gambit and Forge! Forge would work well in a post-Tony Stark world...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

On this note - getting Onslaught as a 3-5 movie villain would be pretty awesome.

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

On this note - getting Onslaught as a 3-5 movie villain would be pretty awesome.

X-Men have a few villains that I think could carry a 7-10 year movie arc spanning the entire MCU.  We'll have to exclude Apocalypse and Phoenix since Fox has recently butchered those stories.

Mr Sinister
Onlaught
The Phalanx
The Sentinels

As well as smaller but still good villains who could be smaller focus and more X-Men centric but still span multiple movies

The Hellfire Club
Magneto and his Acolytes (and Avalon)
Brotherhood of Mutants
Juggernaut

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

X-Men have a few villains that I think could carry a 7-10 year movie arc spanning the entire MCU.  We'll have to exclude Apocalypse and Phoenix since Fox has recently butchered those stories.

Mr Sinister
Onlaught
The Phalanx
The Sentinels

As well as smaller but still good villains who could be smaller focus and more X-Men centric but still span multiple movies

The Hellfire Club
Magneto and his Acolytes (and Avalon)
Brotherhood of Mutants
Juggernaut

As I'm thinking about it - I'd love to see either the Brotherhood or the Hellfire treated like the Guardians of the Galaxy v 1. Not bad guys, but not good guys, you know?

Would be an interesting set of movies. 

Just now, ET80 said:

As I'm thinking about it - I'd love to see either the Brotherhood or the Hellfire treated like the Guardians of the Galaxy v 1. Not bad guys, but not good guys, you know?

Would be an interesting set of movies. 

Could definitely pull it off with the wide array of characters that have been in both over the years.  That said, the GotG are pretty much depicted as good guys on screen.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Onslaught might be a little too comic for the big screen lol

But thats just, like, my opinion man.

They made a tree and raccoon into beloved characters after 1 movie, I think they could find a way to make it work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Could definitely pull it off with the wide array of characters that have been in both over the years.  That said, the GotG are pretty much depicted as good guys on screen.

They are NOW, but going into it... Quill was a Ravager, Rocket/Groot were bounty hunters, Gamora was the #1 assassin for Thanos, Nebula was the #2 assassin for Thanos, Drax was the scariest inmate at the worst prison in the galaxy, Yondu was the leader of an ex-communicated Ravager faction and Mantis was complicit to a Celestial murdering thousands of children.

They're not true black hats, but they're not quite white hats either.

Ideally, something like The Hellfire Club would be what Suicide Squad should have been - a bunch of bad guys who have to do something good, just so they can do their bad stuff once it's all done.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Thats different. Onslaught's origins are as convoluted as you can get. 

I'll begrudgingly agree, but I have faith Marvel/Feige and co could come up with some way to make it work.

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Onslaught might be a little too comic for the big screen lol

But thats just, like, my opinion man.

Agreed.  Joe Madureira drawing such over the top things made it palatable but it would be so corny on screen. 

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast