> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

there was still plenty there watching him all season. He definitely improved but was still an issue. And the additional metric for Bijan is actual slot reps, not just being on the field on 3rd down (which miles saw less and less over his time here).

The only real issue with Sanders last year was a couple of wtf fumbles. And he forgot to get off the plane for the SB.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

there was still plenty there watching him all season. He definitely improved but was still an issue. And the additional metric for Bijan is actual slot reps, not just being on the field on 3rd down (which miles saw less and less over his time here).

Yeah. Miles vision definitely improved over his rookie contract, but despite the high YPC I think you can definitely still see a decent bit of plays where he left meat on the bone.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’d rather have Nolan Smith than the wide receivers, but I know you aren’t on board.

If I had to go one of the receivers at 10 then give me JSN.

I think Nolan Smith is definitely going to be on their board.

I definitely buy into the notion that when they pick in the top 12 it’s to get a guy they think can be a big part of their locker room and culture moving forward. BG/Fletch/Lane type of talent/personality.

I don’t think that’s impervious to poking holes in, but especially in a draft like this can see them really valuing Nolan. And think a few of the teams right after us will as well. Can see all the teams drafting 10-14 being in on him, especially if JSN and the two OTs go before their pick.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Our running game was so disappointing in the SB 😞

Meanwhile, 7th round pick Pacheco looked like prime Deuce McAllister against us.

Speaking of Pacheco, the RB that most compares to his body size and testing #'s- Abanikanda, who doesn't turn 21 til after the season starts.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Howie isn’t drafting a back with our first pick and he should be long gone before 30, so this is all kind of moot.

Yeah I think it’s purely in to the trade back category. They move back 14-23 and he’s there after they got some extra capital, it’s a possibility. I’d be completely shocked if they put his name on the card at #10, even the early part of those trade backs I would.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think Nolan Smith is definitely going to be on their board.

Oh… I definitely think Nolan is on the Eagles board and probably pretty high. I just meant he probably isn’t on Jeezla’s cause I don’t think he’s as high on him.

Nolan checks a lot of boxes for what they look for. He’s an edge which checks the box for positional value. He’s a high end athlete which they usually look for… unfortunately they didn’t care with Barnett. He has some of the highest character which they obviously value. He comes from a winning program which they have valued a lot the past 2 drafts with the Georgia and Bama players.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I definitely buy into the notion that when they pick in the top 12 it’s to get a guy they think can be a big part of their locker room and culture moving forward. BG/Fletch/Lane type of talent/personality.

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t think that’s impervious to poking holes in, but especially in a draft like this can see them really valuing Nolan. And think a few of the teams right after us will as well. Can see all the teams drafting 10-14 being in on him, especially if JSN and the two OTs go before their pick.

Yeah… it’s crazy to me seeing him sometimes get to the Eagles or Chiefs pick in mocks. He definitely seems like a guy that will go top 20. I definitely can see the Texans being interested in him and think the Packers should be as well, but they tend to go for bigger EDGES like Rashan Gary, Za’Darius Smith or Preston Smith. 

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Meanwhile, 7th round pick Pacheco looked like prime Deuce McAllister against us.

Speaking of Pacheco, the RB that most compares to his body size and testing #'s- Abanikanda, who doesn't turn 21 til after the season starts.

I’m not some big Pacheco fan. He was a good pick in the 7th for them though.

With that said, I’d be on board with Abanikanda if he’s there in the 3rd for us.

If he’s off the board before we pick in the 3rd how would you feel about Roschon Johnson there? I believe we met with him at the combine.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

You want to argue taking Bijan at #10 is a mistake by all means.

Suggesting the same thing at pick #30 as if its the same argued, is absurd. Give me the concensus BEST RB (there is no debate among EXPERTS) over the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th best Player at another position because of some backwards *** thinking, No RB is worth a 1st.

Especially when said pick is 1 pick from being a 2nd rd RB. 🙄 

• Like 1

I think I said this way back in the draft process but I'd bet that if Skoronski is there he's going to be the pick. It just makes too much sense given the way we've drafted in previous years and how valuable his versatility will be for a team who has a hole at guard and a right tackle who has been banged up and missed some time the past few years.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Trading ahead of the Cowboys for him when their fans think they are about to Pam’s him would be the dream, especially after a trade down from 10 which would net us more value than whatever we have to give up moving up in the late first.

That would be so epic! Hoping it plays out just like that lol

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Suggesting the same thing at pick #30 as if its the same argued, is absurd. Give me the concensus BEST RB (there is no debate among EXPERTS) over the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th best Player at another position because of some backwards *** thinking, No RB is worth a 1st.

Plus an extra year for his contract. Double bonus

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

JRoc saying you could talk him into Bijan if he’s there at 30 just made me shake my head.