> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is he and EDGE or a 3-4 DE or a DT? I've heard different projections from different people. Lacks some finesse or agility allegedly even if he has good top end speed.

Yep, does not have a true fit.

Adebawore seems like a positional tweener, checking in a little short for the edge and a little light for the interior. However, he was able to handle himself at the point of attack at the Senior Bowl and is just a few hearty meals away from checking in at a weight that could pass for an even front three-technique. He’s a powerful man who wins with force over fluidity. He will need better play recognition in the future, but his explosive first contact and ability to play under his opponent’s pads could earn him a spot as a base end with sub-package rush ability or simply as a rotational interior defender.

And then there is this @Danger

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/03/kansas-city-chiefs-2023-nfl-scouting-combine-adetomiwa-adebawore-standout-performance/

Now, Adebawore has the potential to be one of the biggest risers from the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. To hear his name called at the draft in his hometown would be special, no matter where he ends up. If he were to receive a call from the Kansas City Chiefs, with whom he’s met at the combine, he says that would be a blessing.

“Oh, man, that’d be exciting to play for my hometown team,” Adebawore said. “I know everyone would be excited to play for their hometown team, so that’d truly be a blessing. But I want to play for the team that wants me.”

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Chicago could take him they still need a lot. But OL is their best bet.

They could for sure. Wonder if they wouldn’t if the character stuff sticks, night and day difference with the lockerrooms Carter would be walking into between 9 and 10.

50 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They could for sure. Wonder if they wouldn’t if the character stuff sticks, night and day difference with the lockerrooms Carter would be walking into between 9 and 10.

yeah but trading down for a haul and still getting the guy you may have taken at 1? Hard to pass on that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

The only one I think is maybe think about differently is CB

Yeah I think it’s a misnomer that’s tied into that value/maximizing. He knows how important it is but also knows it often takes time to get guys off the ground and there is a super high bust factor at the position. So it becomes more a position they sign to big money in FA or trade for.