> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Is Devon Witherspoon at 10 a possibility if he's still available? Does he fit the profile for what the Eagles look for in a corner?

I noticed they brought some corners in for a visit, but not Witherspoon or Gonzalez. I wonder why that is.

Edited by SmittyBacall

30 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is Devon Witherspoon at 10 a possibility if he's still available? Does he fit the profile for what the Eagles look for in a corner?

I noticed they brought some corners in for a visit, but not Witherspoon or Gonzalez. I wonder why that is.

Would we like him at 10? Personally, absolutely. However. The Eagles over the last 20 years or so have only taken DLineman, OLineman, 4 WRs, and 1 QB in the first round. No DBs, No LBs, No RBs, No TEs

So I find it unlikely, but not impossible.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Would we like him at 10? Personally, absolutely. However. The Eagles over the last 20 years or so have only taken DLineman, OLineman, 4 WRs, and 1 QB in the first round. No DBs, No LBs, No RBs, No TEs

So I find it unlikely, but not impossible.

Who do you anticipate being the pick (or position) if you stay put at 10?

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not Nolan Smith? Feels like a DE the Eagles prefer.

Probably personal bias. I do think Nolan Smith is a great athlete, but his football talent isn't that of 10th overall and I think he's a bit undersized for our scheme. Already having one pass rusher in Reddick who's a bit on the smaller side playin a hybrid SAM/EDGE role. Hard to double up. 

Don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, just doesn't make as much sense to me. But then that same logic is probably what led to us drafting Reagor over Justin Jefferson.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel pretty good about his chances of becoming an Eagle. If I had to rank likelihood, I'd have him in the top 3.

If we do, I really hope it's after a tradedown to the 16-20 range, say... Tampa Bay coming up for Levis maybe.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

People will say CB won't be the pick but the Eagles have absolutely been open to CB early in the draft in years prior, but the CB's just never fall to us. I think history repeats itself in this draft though and the top two CB's are gone when we pick.

53 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Who do you anticipate being the pick (or position) if you stay put at 10?

This draft is super hard to predict, but if we can't trade down I would expect LVN or Murphy. Neither are elite edge prospects, but the Eagles really like DE's with positional versatility and both of those two meet that mark. Nolan Smith could definitely be the pick if the Eagles like him enough, but I am not sure if they are willing to draft a two year backup for Reddick at 10th overall.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

If we do, I really hope it's after a tradedown to the 16-20 range, say... Tampa Bay coming up for Levis maybe.

Same but I feel like they probably love the dude and would take him at 10. I would be okay with him at 10. Probably more okay than I was with trading up your for Davis last year.

John has always been the EDGE guy like he loves evaluating that position as demonstrated by “Surveyor of pass rushers” being in his bio.. lol. But, I respect his opinions for the most part even if he’s a Cowboys fan.

I love Nolan Smith and the potential of Adebawore so we are on the same page for the most part there. Although I thought Ade would play more 3T and bounce out to DE sometimes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

John has always been the EDGE guy like he loves evaluating that position as demonstrated by “Surveyor of pass rushers” being in his bio.. lol. But, I respect his opinions for the most part even if he’s a Cowboys fan.

I love Nolan Smith and the potential of Adebawore so we are on the same page for the most part there. Although I thought Ade would play more 3T and bounce out to DE sometimes.

Do we have his previous rankings from prior years?

4 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not Nolan Smith? Feels like a DE the Eagles prefer.

divisive here, personally he feels like the most Eagles pick if Carter is long gone.
They talk about getting special dudes that will be a big part of the leadership for a long time.

BG, Cox, Lane...important positions and leaders for the team. Nolan Smith is that dude.
I'm sure they'd love to move back a few but Howie learned his lesson about getting cute, so think they'll stick at 10 or move up for Carter.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Probably personal bias. I do think Nolan Smith is a great athlete, but his football talent isn't that of 10th overall and I think he's a bit undersized for our scheme. Already having one pass rusher in Reddick who's a bit on the smaller side playin a hybrid SAM/EDGE role. Hard to double up. 

Don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, just doesn't make as much sense to me. But then that same logic is probably what led to us drafting Reagor over Justin Jefferson.

Think it's a bit of the opposite of the Reagor/JJ thing. Seems like it's more of a this is the best dude who are sure is going to put in the work and lead and less this is exactly what we need for the current season.

Think if you are taking him you reflect it in the scheme when he's ready to go. Adjust to the players.
Von Miller/Chubb, Mack/Floyd or Quinn being the examples within the scheme as is.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <