> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

For two years straight Howie has attempted to draft Jason Kelce "potential" replacement in Dickerson and Jurgens. 

Dickerson is now locked in as the LG of the foreseeable future, PB talent and the assumption is Jurgens will play RG in 2023 barring a Kelce injury.

I'm starting to think Howie goes this route again IF/WHEN A OL is taken by the Eagles and targets Joe Tippmann out of Wisconsin.

Basically redshirt his rookie season learning under Kelce while Jurgens who knows the offense,  has familiarity within that OL room and Hurts starts at RG. Unless Tippmann straight out wins the RG position in camp outright. Which given his size is possible. 

Reason, OL flexibility.  If any of the 3 are injured, they can swap positions LG,OC,RG between the 4. Depending on how many 2nd rd picks we end up with if we do trade back in the 1st , I could see 1 being used by Howie on Tippmann at worse #62 if still there.

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

With the talk of Howie regretting taking Miles in round 2. Expect a running back taken round 5 or later.

I honestly think Howie is good at the position as weak as it looks. Miles was a good 2nd round pick. Don’t think it was some slam dunk but got some good mileage out of it. It was a success. I can see how he was frustrated with him though. Shouldn’t deter him from staying in that philosophy of 2nd round you start looking for some talent. 

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Philadelphia Eagles

1 (10): Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa
1 (30): Brian Branch, S, Alabama
2 (62): Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
3 (94): Israel Abanikanda, RB, Pitt
7 (219): Adam Korsak, P, Rutgers
7 (248): Sala Aumavae-Laulu, G, Oregon

Expand  

How we feeling?

That's actually a little better than what I anticipate Howie will actually do, and that's with me thinking Van Ness and Branch are reaches.

It's been a while since I watched Branch, though, and I don't really remember what I saw, I just remember not loving him. I should re-watch him, because he sounds like the kind of guy Howie would take despite an average combine.

Stevenson is a good pick, Abanikanda is a great pick, Korsak is a good pick. Never heard of the Oregon dude.

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

It's been a while since I watched Branch, though, and I don't really remember what I saw, I just remember not loving him. I should re-watch him, because he sounds like the kind of guy Howie would take despite an average combine.

Funny cause Branch is my favorite pick in that mock 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just go back to the last game he played in the Sugar Bowl.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <