> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles have the 10th pick, not a later one, so they should just pick a worse player for fun? 

Are we not allowed to maneuver around the draft this year? Is it possible we sell the pick to some dummy GM that wants Robinson at 10? Can we trade it for a vet? Can we trade it for future value? 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Are we not allowed to maneuver around the draft this year? Is it possible we sell the pick to some dummy GM that wants Robinson at 10? Can we trade it for a vet? Can we trade it for future value? 

Trading is on the table but the QB run is done by that point, so it’s hard to project you are going to get a deal done.

In this class, I’m taking Carter, Anderson, Gonzalez and Witherspoon for sure, then it’s a real toss up between Paris Johnson and Bijian that I’d probably side with the OT. After that, I’m taking Bijan. I don’t think anyone else is a better prospect. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Trading is on the table but the QB run is done by that point, so it’s hard to project you are going to get a deal done.

In this class, I’m taking Carter, Anderson, Gonzalez and Witherspoon for sure, then it’s a real toss up between Paris Johnson and Bijian that I’d probably side with the OT. After that, I’m taking Bijan. I don’t think anyone else is a better prospect. 

Can we trade up if there’s 4 QBs taken in the first 10 then? Maybe Carter falls? We’re being silly now. We have no idea what will happen.

But taking a RB top 10 is just a historically bad move. There’s plenty of options if that happens to be one of your choices is the point. Personally I’d take the B+ CB prospect over the A+ RB prospect at 10. I get more value for my money and replacing that potential hole at RB is far more easy than replacing the hole at CB. 

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s a really good example. Cowboys were 13-3 that year. 0-1 in the playoffs. Zeke was an AP that year. Had a couple good seasons after that, signed to a 90M contract, currently is only 27 and is half the player he was and has been outplayed by his 4th round backup for the last two years. Probably the best example recently and still far from worth it. If Jerry could trade Zeke and more for Jalen Ramsey and Deforest Buckner (and others) he probably would do it in a heartbeat. 

So because Zeke 7 years later after being force fed balls 400x a year is now washd up, that negated the first 5 years of HOF RB production? Gotcha. 👌

Give me 5 years of a generation type RB which is what scout's are calling him in today's NFL along with the rest of these offensive players and I'll worry about paying him his 2nd contract,  then.

You have your CMC, Henry's  , Saquons that completely change offenses when healthy. Just look what CMC did for SF this season.

This idea all RB are interchangeable is a BS narrative. A convient excuse because we don't see true Bell Cow All Around RB anymore. 

Bjian supposedly is that. A RB who doesn't have to ever come off the field, except to get a breather. His comp is a combination of Saquon/CMC! 🤯

All of that said, not sure I'd take him at #10, (trade back, get a 1st/ draft mid to late teens) but I sure as hell don't want to see him on another NFCE roster instead, thats for sure.

I'd rather Dallas pay Pollard/Zeke take a pay cut, then draft Robinson and use said money on Wagner or Ramsey instead. Helll No!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

So because Zeke 7 years later after being force fed balls 400x a year is now washd up, theat negated the first 5 years of HOF RB production? Gotcha. 👌

Give me 5 years of a generation type RB which is what scout's are calling him in today's NFL along with the rest of these offensive players and I'll worry about paying him his 2nd contract,  then.

You have your CMC, Henry's  , Saquons that completely change offenses when healthy. Just look what CMC did for SF this season.

This idea all RB are interchangeable is a BS narrative. A convient excuse because we don't see true Bell Cow All Around RB anymore. 

Bjian supposedly is that. A RB who doesn't have to ever come off the field, except to get a breather. His comp is a combination of Saquon/CMC! 🤯

All of that said, not sure I'd take him at #10, (trade back, get a 1st/ draft mid to late teens) but I sure as hell don't want to see him on another NFCE roster instead, thats for sure.

I'd rather Dallas pay Pollard/Zeke take a pay cut, then draft Robinson. 

I don’t know where you’re seeing 5 years. Find me any 1st round RB in the last 10 years that had 5 HoF years. 

Zeke had one HoF type year, his first. You can argue two years maybe. Zeke had a good 3 out of 4 years and is currently rolling down a cliff. I could still be getting elite play from Jalen Ramsey if that was my choice. I am cherry picking to make a point here so I hope you get it. If you asked Jerry right now if he would make the same decision, he may say yes but resigning him was a disaster move. You’re saying him being useless now because he was being force fed the ball is an excuse? That’s the exact reason you don’t draft them that high. Their shelf life is notoriously bad. Which makes even good picks have a limited value. 

Theres no one spinning any narrative about RBs being interchangeable. The point is, they don’t have to be special for you to win. There are absolute special RBs out there. You just don’t need one to be a special team. And mostly, special RBs come at a premium that seldom teams can afford. Draft a RB in rounds 2-4 every few years and you’ll be fine. Keep your top 10 picks for guys that will play for you for 10 years at a premium position. That’s how you get the most value out of your cap and keep enough money to spread around appropriately. 

57 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think the OTs will keep that value at #10. Especially in front of the Titans.

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t know where you’re seeing 5 years. Find me any 1st round RB in the last 10 years that had 5 HoF years. 

Zekes first 4 years in the NFL his lowest yardage total was 1,250 yds 9 TD, and he only played 10 games. The other 3 years average out to almost 1900 yds 13 TD a season. 

Think your recollection of how dominate Elliot was his first 4 years in the NFL is skewed by your agenda. 

Take a look.

Edited by Nabbs4u

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Zekes first 4 years in the NFL his lowest yardage total was 1,250 yds 9 TD, and he only played 10 games. The other 3 years average out to almost 1900 yds 13 TD a season. 

Think your recollection of how dominate Elliot was his first 4 years in the NFL is skewed by your agenda. 

Take a look.

Yea, you said 5 years of HoF production. He only had 3 out of 4 years where he had good production. If you want to call 2 HoF, I won’t argue. But it’s not 5. It’s nice and all. But what a small window you have there. The HoF doesn’t give you credit for games you don’t play. 

There’s no agenda. There’s just facts. I don’t have an axe to grind. If anyone can tell me how a 1st round RB in the last 10 years has been clearly better than most other RBs through personal and team success, I’ll be happy to admit I have been wrong in my theory. Elliot is probably the best example counter to my argument and it’s flimsy at best. 

Edited by Jroc04

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Can we trade up if there’s 4 QBs taken in the first 10 then? Maybe Carter falls? We’re being silly now. We have no idea what will happen.

But taking a RB top 10 is just a historically bad move. There’s plenty of options if that happens to be one of your choices is the point. Personally I’d take the B+ CB prospect over the A+ RB prospect at 10. I get more value for my money and replacing that potential hole at RB is far more easy than replacing the hole at CB. 

Taking a worse player is more historically bad than taking a RB 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, you said 5 years of HoF production. He only had 3 out of 4 years where he had good production. If you want to call 2 HoF, I won’t argue. But it’s not 5. It’s nice and all. But what a small window you have there. The HoF doesn’t give you credit for games you don’t play. 

There’s no agenda. There’s just facts. I don’t have an axe to grind. If anyone can tell me how a 1st round RB in the last 10 years has been clearly better than most other RBs through personal and team success, I’ll be happy to admit I have been wrong in my theory. Elliot is probably the best example counter to my argument and it’s flimsy at best. 

I did mean to say 4, 5th year was after the contract extension and B2B 400 touch seasons. I do find it funny though that the year he averaged 120 total yds , 1 TD a game basically, wasn't considered  "special" because he only played 10 gms?

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

If anyone can tell me how a 1st round RB in the last 10 years has been clearly better than most other RBs through personal and team success,

What defines "team success" in your eyes, actual SB wins curious? So Henry, Saquon, Zeke and CMC don't count? Not the fact all them lacked a true FQB that's actually the real catalyst to winning SB's?

The only reason those teams are or were relevant during those stretches was becuase of those RB, not Tannehill, Jones, Dak and a broken Cam after CMC rookie season?

Now if you're saying taking a 1st rd RB can set your franchise back more in the long run if he gets "Injured", yes positional value absolutely matters. I agree. 

We just got excited that Sanders finally had a break out season and that season wasn't even close to as good as those listed above, fully healthy and playing 1 less game.

Zekes first 4 seasons (3 1/2) really 7,000 total yds 48 TD in 56 gms. Or 125 yds almost a TD a week. 

Yes a HOF start to a career.

Edited by Nabbs4u

52 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Taking a worse player is more historically bad than taking a RB 

And what if your RB is bad? Is that in the realm of possibility? 

I don’t understand, besides being antagonistic, you’re being coy. Simply put, taking a RB that early, even as a homerun pick, has its drawbacks. It’s extremely rare for a RB picked that early to work out well enough where it helps your team have ultimate success and doesn’t prove to be a detriment.