2023 Draft Talk

swede700

22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Round 2!?! 

That’s about 3 rounds too early. 

I've seen some project him earlier, even into the 2nd rd, but yes, I wouldn't consider him probably any earlier than Round 4 because of his rawness despite being in school for 5 yrs.  And it certainly doesn't help that he's a Chip Kelly guy, who proved that he's not a NFL-caliber coach. 

I guess if I'm going to take a mid-round guy, I'd probably go with a Tanner McKee, who's pretty much guaranteed to be a solid backup at minimum, but has the potential to be a Kirk Cousins clone.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The Vikings trading up to 3 on draft night to draft stroud would be exciting if nothing else.

Is there ever 3 team trades during the draft? It doesn't seem like the cardinals would want to fall back that far but maybe they just want as many picks as possible

• Like 2

Georgia’s Stetson Bennett has been the winning quarterback in the last two College Football Playoff National Championship Games, but that’s no guarantee he has an NFL future. In fact, the betting odds suggest there’s a good chance that Bennett won’t be drafted next week.

Via DraftKings, the odds of Bennett going undrafted are +125. His odds are +300 for being drafted in the seventh round, +300 in the sixth round, +400 in the fifth round, +700 in the fourth round, +2000 in the third round, +5000 in the second round and +10,000 in the first round.

Although Bennett is a solid passer who has shown the ability to play well in big games, there are concerns about his size after he measured in at 5-foot-11 and 192 pounds at the Combine. Also concerning is that Bennett was arrested for public intoxication in January.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/17/betting-odds-suggest-good-chance-stetson-bennett-goes-undrafted/

fine by me. he reminds me of Manziel.

Alabama quarterback Bryce Young has become an overwhelming favorite to be the first overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft.

Young has been a slight favorite over Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud for weeks, but today sports books dramatically changed their odds. BetMGM moved Young from -350 to -2000, meaning that at this point you’d have to risk $2,000 just to make $100 betting on Young to go first overall.

Today’s news that Young has canceled visits to other teams has led to widespread speculation that the Panthers have already told Young they’re planning to take him with the No. 1 overall pick.

file://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/17/bryce-young-now-an-overwhelming-favorite-to-go-first-overall/

I’m sold on Anthony Richardson to the Vikings. All the tools are there and despite being green he understands how to maneuver in the pockets and read coverages. Of course advanced skills like manipulating DBs with his eyes and everything like that is lacking but he can work on those. 

Plus, I don’t think he will push Kirk year 1 and we can implement all kinds of cool plays just for him in the red zone. 

Just adds another weapons and QTOF no big deal lol.

Edited by KeithVikings28

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Alabama quarterback Bryce Young has become an overwhelming favorite to be the first overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft.

Young has been a slight favorite over Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud for weeks, but today sports books dramatically changed their odds. BetMGM moved Young from -350 to -2000, meaning that at this point you’d have to risk $2,000 just to make $100 betting on Young to go first overall.

Today’s news that Young has canceled visits to other teams has led to widespread speculation that the Panthers have already told Young they’re planning to take him with the No. 1 overall pick.

file://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/17/bryce-young-now-an-overwhelming-favorite-to-go-first-overall/

Hasn't he also visited the Texans? He could know that he's going in the top 2. 

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I’m sold on Anthony Richardson to the Vikings. All the tools are there and despite being green he understands how to maneuver in the pockets and read coverages. Of course advanced skills like manipulating DBs with his eyes and everything like that is lacking but he can work on those. 

Plus, I don’t think he will push Kirk year 1 and we can implementing all kinds of cool plays just for him.

Would you go all in on a trade up or let him fall close to the Vikings?