Logan Thomas better hurry up & get healthy, or this guy gonna take his job. 😁

In case you wondered if the Golden Cow of having TE's here was gonna run out? From Jordan Reed to Fred Davis to Chris Cooley to Vernon Davis to Logan Thomas, etc?

It's not running out.

Here's Cole Turner:  ENJOY!

Had 748 TD's last season...lol 😁. 😁.

• Like 1

why not Dream a little and with time it might come true! Many a night I go to sleep with or dreaming of a young Linda Ronstadf
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH5DT47ymwMS6CLfPSh6I

and wake up to reality

but the dream is always fun! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF8TPG8by28S1Ee9nMuBi

First Name: Cole

Last Name: Turner 

Nickname: 

Position: Tight End

College: Nevada

Draft Class: 2022

Draft Age:N/A

Measurables

Height: 78.5 inches

Weight: 249 pounds

BMI: 29.09 

Arm Length: 33.00 inches

Hand Size: 9.75 inches

Wingspan: 78.250 inches

Birthdate: (N/A)

NFL Combine Scores

40 Yard Dash: 4.76 seconds

40 Yard (MPH): 17.19 (MPH)

20 Yard Split: 2.74 seconds

10 Yard Split: 1.62 seconds

Bench Press: 17 reps (225 lb)

Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)

QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)

Vertical Leap: 27.0 inches

Broad Jump: 120 inches

20 Yd Shuttle: 4.41 seconds 

Three Cone: 7.06 seconds

First Name: Rob

Last Name: Gronkowski 

Nickname: 

Position: Tight End

College: Arizona

Draft Class: 2010

Draft Age:20.11

Measurables

Height: 78.25 inches

Weight: 258 pounds

BMI: 30.34 

Arm Length: 34.25 inches

Hand Size: 10.75 inches

Wingspan: (N/A) inches

Birthdate: 5/14/1989

NFL Combine Scores

40 Yard Dash: 4.68 seconds

40 Yard (MPH): 17.48 (MPH)

20 Yard Split: (N/A) seconds

10 Yard Split: (N/A) seconds

Bench Press: 23 reps (225 lb)

Wonderlic: (N/A) (0-50)

QB Ball Velocity: (N/A) (MPH)

Vertical Leap: (N/A) inches

Broad Jump: (N/A) inches

20 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds 

Three Cone: (N/A) seconds

Shuttle Split: (N/A) seconds 

60 Yd Shuttle: (N/A) seconds

Four Square: (N/A) seconds

Pro Day Scores

Pro Day Date: 3/27/2010

40 Yard Dash: 4.68 seconds

40 Yard (MPH): 17.48 (MPH)

20 Yard Split: 2.68 seconds

10 Yard Split: 1.58 seconds

Bench Press: (N/A) reps (225 lb)

Vertical Leap: 33.5 inches

Height: 78.25 inches

Weight: 264 lbs

Broad Jump: 119 inches

Hand Size: 10.75 inches

Arm Length: 34.25 inches

20 Yd Shuttle: 4.47 seconds 

Three Cone: 7.18 seconds

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 3

Great catch radius, good strong hands, uses his body well to create space before the jump and gives himself a clean window to go up and get it. He’s a classic contested catch guy, former basketball PF and he plays like it. 

To me, he plays slow. I’m big on timed speed for TEs, at least in terms of setting their ceiling. Turner ran faster than a guy like Bates, for example — but watching him on the field, he seems to move slowly. Just a little sluggish, a lack of burst that seems like it showed up in that 27” vertical. 

He doesn’t block, really, and they actually lined him up wide a lot of the time at Nevada. Definitely not going to be your classic in-line TE, at least not out of the box. Also doesn’t seem to play much ST at this point, though he gonna have to learn.

Personally, I kinda think he might be a practice squad guy early on, although he could take the TE3 spot from Sammis Reyes if that project isn’t making enough progress. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Great catch radius, good strong hands, uses his body well to create space before the jump and gives himself a clean window to go up and get it. He’s a classic contested catch guy, former basketball PF and he plays like it. 

To me, he plays slow. I’m big on timed speed for TEs, at least in terms of setting their ceiling. Turner ran faster than a guy like Bates, for example — but watching him on the field, he seems to move slowly. Just a little sluggish, a lack of burst that seems like it showed up in that 27” vertical. 

He doesn’t block, really, and they actually lined him up wide a lot of the time at Nevada. Definitely not going to be your classic in-line TE, at least not out of the box. Also doesn’t seem to play much ST at this point, though he gonna have to learn.

Personally, I kinda think he might be a practice squad guy early on, although he could take the TE3 spot from Sammis Reyes if that project isn’t making enough progress. 

Don't think there's any chance he lands on Practice squad, bball.

He's way too valuable as an endzone/redzone threat & Wentz blanket to land there.

He'd get scooped up in a New York minute to someone's active roster.

Specially, with Logan Thomas health status.

I think he end ups as our #2 , before the year is out. Takes Bates Job & becomes a fan favorite.

I would not be surprised if he gets 6+ TD's this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Quick burst speed but not top end speed: but the way he finds space as he saves up energy for that burst looks to me like it could work if that continues

Good vision+ Good Burst+ Body Separation + Human Vacuum on other side of body == OhhhnYeahhhh. Once defenders have to roll to it WR's will FEAST.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 2:30 AM, aceinthehouse said:

In case you wondered if the Golden Cow of having TE's here was gonna run out? From Jordan Reed to Fred Davis to Chris Cooley to Vernon Davis to Logan Thomas, etc?

It's not running out.

Here's Cole Turner:  ENJOY!

Had 748 TD's last season...lol 😁. 😁.

I love the pick! He and Bates are going to be a good 1-2 combo at TE for us.

Edited by turtle28

On 5/7/2022 at 2:59 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Don't think there's any chance he lands on Practice squad, bball.

He's way too valuable as an endzone/redzone threat & Wentz blanket to land there.

He'd get scooped up in a New York minute to someone's active roster.

Specially, with Logan Thomas health status.

I think he end ups as our #2 , before the year is out. Takes Bates Job & becomes a fan favorite.

I would not be surprised if he gets 6+ TD's this season.

I seriously doubt Turner gets 6 TDs, Logan will eventually return and start even if he isn’t out there week 1. Turner and Bates are different types of TEs and will be deployed differently. If Logan isn’t ready to go week 1, Bates will be the starter as he’s our best blocking TE for run downs. Turner would maybe see time when we go to a 4-wide/spread type offense with the TE playing as a big slot WR as that’s not really Bates’s forte right now unless he takes a big jump in his development as a receiver this off-season for next season.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, e16bball said:

I concur. As you know a classic in line TE has to be a good blocker hint maybe Turner lacks the lower body strength which he will need to work on. Right now if anything he reminds me of a Clint Didier type, you know the TE that will be good in the seams, flats and definitely a threat in the end zone. This is what he seems to bring to the table and this COULD limit his potential as being one dimensional player.  He looks like a decent athletic pass catcher but as always (with any player) we have to see. Sometimes I am a little cautious. A classic don't count your chickens before they hatch type of guy. 

• Like 1