Texans off-season thread

ET80

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The browns are spending money and making deals, who knows how it will turn out but Taylor/Hyde/LAndry and still have 1st and 4th pick. They will win a lot more games this season than in the past two years

They're also making some really weird moves. Chris Hubbard for 5/$37.5mm? Terrance Mitchell for 3/$18mm? I like the Hyde move, not a fan of Landry and like Tyrod as a bridge for Rosen/Darnold. Hyde most assuredly means that Barkley isn't the pick at 1:1 or 1:4 (really thinking Buffalo is jumping to 4 now as well).

They'll win more games than the last two years, sure. But that's two wins.xD

3 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

You know I would prefer Earl Thomas... but I'll take a Honey Badger on a decent contract (but so would the Cards!)

I'll take Mathieu as a FA vs Thomas as a traded player.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The money is obscene (4/$62mm w/$35mm guaranteed) but this is a time you look to overpay.

Really not liking this at all. If we lost strictly because of money, we're really missing the point of having money to spend.

"Chops" isn't good enough. He's got to grow into a grown *** man between now and Week One, because he's protecting the franchise.

If he doesn't, it's just as bad as Susan and Allen playing.

That's too much for Solder. We have money but that doesn't mean we just spend it because we can. There will be a time when we need the money. He's getting overrated if anyone actually think he is worth that (the highest paid tackle in the league)

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

That's too much for Solder. We have money but that doesn't mean we just spend it because we can. There will be a time when we need the money. He's getting overrated if anyone actually think he is worth that (the highest paid tackle in the league)

Depending on how it's structured, I'd agree. You could feasibly front load it when you do have the free money, then have the back end of it considerably less.

Given our position right now in the draft, there is no day 1 starter available to rely on. Solder was that only option, so not spending the money is relenting that 2019 is when you plan on addressing it (unless there is some trade in the works for the likes of Jason Peters). Had this been a Tom Savage or Brock Osweiler led team, sure - but not doing anything is  akin to hoping Deshaun Watson can take the abuse. 

Archived