Texans off-season thread

ET80

New sheriff in town... old admin would have taken Colvin off the board completely

I would have preferred Fuller, but I think the transition tag backed off most teams.

And as the poster above noted, Colvin is not designed for the outside (nor is KJo).

So does this mean KJo is gone?

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I think you’ll regret playing him on the outside if that is in fact what you guys do.

he is a terrific slot corner though.

I'm thinking this is the first of a few picks to overhaul the secondary. Hopefully he'll man the slot and Kareem Jackson will be moved to S full time.

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm thinking this is the first of a few picks to overhaul the secondary. Hopefully he'll man the slot and Kareem Jackson will be moved to S full time.

Personally I would prefer if KJo is moved off the team completely... pick up a 5th + low-level player = major win for Texans IMHO

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Unbelievable.  Another zone exclusive inside slot corner who can't play man to man.  Only way this is acceptable is if this means Kareem Jackson is getting moved AND we're using the money to bring in a #1 CB and SS (in which case I actually like the move).  Also means the McNair PED hypocrisy continues as he was suspended 4 games in 2016, but at least he owned it instead of claiming he was pregnant or ate a dozen tainted steaks on a mexican vacation.    

3 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Unbelievable.  Another zone exclusive inside slot corner who can't play man to man.  Only way this is acceptable is if this means Kareem Jackson is getting moved AND we're using the money to bring in a #1 CB and SS (in which case I actually like the move).  Also means the McNair PED hypocrisy continues as he was suspended 4 games in 2016, but at least he owned it instead of claiming he was pregnant or ate a dozen tainted steaks on a mexican vacation.    

I can't think this is the ONLY move. I think Johnson, Butler or EJ Gaines is still in play and Kevin Johnson goes into a "make or break" season on the other boundary, with Colvin in the slot (it's a given that nickel CB is basically a starter for us). 

As far as the PEDs - c'mon, with the whole Cushing saga, you know our management is in the "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" camp. It's not the best look, I'll agree to that.

So we basically let the jags have the best CB in the league and we replaced him with the odd man out in Jacksonville. 

Can’t really love it or hate it until we see the amount of money we paid him. If he’s our 3rd CB and we didn’t pay much I’m all for it. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

So we basically let the jags have the best CB in the league and we replaced him with the odd man out in Jacksonville. 

Can’t really love it or hate it until we see the amount of money we paid him. If he’s our 3rd CB and we didn’t pay much I’m all for it. 

I agree - except many had Colvin has 4th or 5th best FA CB (he may be, but IMHO he is almost exclusively a slot CB).  Meaning he probably expects to get P-A-I-D. (like 4 years, $32M)

Archived