Jump to content

2022 NBA Fantasy Draft: Draft Begins Wed!!!!


NYRaider
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There won't be a fair, justified injury solution it will just be based on if other posters like you or not, lol.

I don't think that's true. It just goes towards peoples opinions of how some of those guys come back. I genuinely believe guys like AD and Dame are regressing but I don't think Kawhi is going to be much different.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Remove all injuries “  Does remove need to be defined for you? It doesn’t say all injured players will be upgraded to 80% .  Your basically saying the guys playing but is still injured in some manner.  Do whatever you want but this pretty much ruins the draft. 3 of my 5 starters are now DNP’d , really glad I participated 

32 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The answer was "everyone goes back to their form before injury"? Did I miss that?

That’s what remove injuries means yes you missed it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigC421/ said:

“Remove all injuries “  Does remove need to be defined for you? It doesn’t say all injured players will be upgraded to 80% .  Your basically saying the guys playing but is still injured in some manner.  Do whatever you want but this pretty much ruins the draft. 3 of my 5 starters are now DNP’d , really glad I participated 

That’s what remove injuries means yes you missed it.  

I took remove as in heal, not pretend it never happened.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

“Remove all injuries “  Does remove need to be defined for you? It doesn’t say all injured players will be upgraded to 80% .  Your basically saying the guys playing but is still injured in some manner.  Do whatever you want but this pretty much ruins the draft. 3 of my 5 starters are now DNP’d , really glad I participated 

That’s what remove injuries means yes you missed it.  

I mean, AD dropped to you because of the injuries.  When this was done last year he went top 5.  He went about where he should given his injuries.  If you took Butler instead, I probably would have drafted him next.  Jamaal Murray may have gone a little earlier than I expected but again it was close.  I don't see many PGs drafted after him that I would have drafted over him.  I think there was a case for Van Fleet (who you got anyways), Haliburton and Cade instead but I get why he went there. don't see him getting a huge knock in this.  MPJ is a little different being its back injuries.  Not sure how he bounces back again.  But I was considering him in that range again.  If he was a top 3 round pick, which he probably would have been if fully healthy and no lingering back issues, it would be a bad pick. In round 5, its worth the risk.  

Thats my take.  Its not a wash because of injuries but the only reason you built the team you did was because guys fell due to injuries and expected future production.  Its also why LBJ dropped to 8.  At his age and injuries, his skill all around is diminishing.  If he was fully healthy with not concern for age, he would have went top 3 again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I took remove as in heal, not pretend it never happened.

What you mean to say is you ignored it and just applied your own rule. Theres no misinterpreting what was said and no one commented when injured players were selected. Your just deciding to make your own rule which in turn makes the entire exercise pointless if some people are drafting under the assumption everyone’s healthy and mother group just decides no those guys are still less than 100%
 

Good luck to everyone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I mean, AD dropped to you because of the injuries.  When this was done last year he went top 5.  He went about where he should given his injuries.  If you took Butler instead, I probably would have drafted him next.  Jamaal Murray may have gone a little earlier than I expected but again it was close.  I don't see many PGs drafted after him that I would have drafted over him.  I think there was a case for Van Fleet (who you got anyways), Haliburton and Cade instead but I get why he went there. don't see him getting a huge knock in this.  MPJ is a little different being its back injuries.  Not sure how he bounces back again.  But I was considering him in that range again.  If he was a top 3 round pick, which he probably would have been if fully healthy and no lingering back issues, it would be a bad pick. In round 5, its worth the risk.  

Thats my take.  Its not a wash because of injuries but the only reason you built the team you did was because guys fell due to injuries and expected future production.  Its also why LBJ dropped to 8.  At his age and injuries, his skill all around is diminishing.  If he was fully healthy with not concern for age, he would have went top 3 again. 

I would have no problem with this take if it had been established before the draft. What was established is that injuries would be removed, no improved or lessened but yes removed 

 

Next we should do an all time draft and then decide after that everyone is there actual current age

Edited by BigC421/
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

What you mean to say is you ignored it and just applied your own rule. Theres no misinterpreting what was said and no one commented when injured players were selected. Your just deciding to make your own rule which in turn makes the entire exercise pointless if some people are drafting under the assumption everyone’s healthy and mother group just decides no those guys are still less than 100%
 

Good luck to everyone 

If we're going to be blunt and rude, your team isn't good if everyone is 100% anyway.

If you want to be mature, of your 3 guys, I think AD straight up isn't the same guy he used to be. I legitimately think he's regressed and there is more evidence of that than not. MPJ is tough, I could be talked into both sides. Murray I don't think will be much different than before. However, I mean the real old Jamal Murray, not the bubble performance where he hit an unsustainable 45% of 7+ 3's/game.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If we're going to be blunt and rude, your team isn't good if everyone is 100% anyway.

If you want to be mature, of your 3 guys, I think AD straight up isn't the same guy he used to be. I legitimately think he's regressed and there is more evidence of that than not. MPJ is tough, I could be talked into both sides. Murray I don't think will be much different than before. However, I mean the real old Jamal Murray, not the bubble performance where he hit an unsustainable 45% of 7+ 3's/game.

What does my team have to do with it? I didn’t say anything about how good my team is or how you lucked into the 1st pick and completely blew the opportunity by ending up with a bottom tier team that can’t score or create.  I’ve said I’m less than impressed with my own team, only thing that made me feel better was looking around and seeing no one else’s is much better.  I actually agree with most of what you said about my 3 guys there.  MPJ is almost in that Zion category, some people legitimately think he’s potentially all nba if healthy but he hasn’t done nearly enough to prove that and I don’t really agree anyway
 

That’s all completely irrelevant to the point.  This is a principled argument on competitive fairness and established rules set out before the draft. If injured guys were still going to be considered injured in some fashion that should have been established instead of “injuries will be removed” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

 I’ve said I’m less than impressed with my own team, only thing that made me feel better was looking around and seeing no one else’s is much better.

Except for mine.  Mine's awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I mean, AD dropped to you because of the injuries.  When this was done last year he went top 5.  He went about where he should given his injuries.  If you took Butler instead, I probably would have drafted him next.  Jamaal Murray may have gone a little earlier than I expected but again it was close.  I don't see many PGs drafted after him that I would have drafted over him.  I think there was a case for Van Fleet (who you got anyways), Haliburton and Cade instead but I get why he went there. don't see him getting a huge knock in this.  MPJ is a little different being its back injuries.  Not sure how he bounces back again.  But I was considering him in that range again.  If he was a top 3 round pick, which he probably would have been if fully healthy and no lingering back issues, it would be a bad pick. In round 5, its worth the risk.  

Thats my take.  Its not a wash because of injuries but the only reason you built the team you did was because guys fell due to injuries and expected future production.  Its also why LBJ dropped to 8.  At his age and injuries, his skill all around is diminishing.  If he was fully healthy with not concern for age, he would have went top 3 again. 

Meh. AD’s production has declined over the last two seasons and didn’t he land him at #8 anyways? Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't think that's true. It just goes towards peoples opinions of how some of those guys come back. I genuinely believe guys like AD and Dame are regressing but I don't think Kawhi is going to be much different.

We have a decent sample size of former top picks that missed time early in their careers with non-major injuries for precautionary reasons on bad teams and then bounce back like they never missed any time at all.
 

Joel Embiid, Blake Griffin, and Ben Simmons all missed their entire rookie seasons, Embiid missed his first two, and became All-Stars. All 3 were also athletic freaks like Zion and hadn’t shown they could produce at all in the NBA, Zion has shown he can score at an elite level. 

It’s not like Zion suffered some super serious injury, he broke his foot. The Pelicans took a very cautious approach with bringing him back because they didn’t expect to be that competitive or make the playoffs. The CJ trade happened out of nowhere and it was reported by Shams that he was ready to return but the team didn’t see the value of having him play the last like 15-20 games. His camp also leaked that he wanted to play but the team held him out. There are videos of him from late March shirtless where he looks to be in great shape and as explosive as ever, lol. 
 

Point is we’ve seen top prospects like Zion held out and bounce back from injuries without losing a step. But can you really show me any examples of guys that were in  their 30s, showed signs of regression in injury plagued seasons, and then came back as what they were before or better? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We have a decent sample size of former top picks that missed time early in their careers with non-major injuries for precautionary reasons on bad teams and then bounce back like they never missed any time at all.
 

Joel Embiid, Blake Griffin, and Ben Simmons all missed their entire rookie seasons, Embiid missed his first two, and became All-Stars. All 3 were also athletic freaks like Zion and hadn’t shown they could produce at all in the NBA, Zion has shown he can score at an elite level. 

It’s not like Zion suffered some super serious injury, he broke his foot. The Pelicans took a very cautious approach with bringing him back because they didn’t expect to be that competitive or make the playoffs. The CJ trade happened out of nowhere and it was reported by Shams that he was ready to return but the team didn’t see the value of having him play the last like 15-20 games. His camp also leaked that he wanted to play but the team held him out. There are videos of him from late March shirtless where he looks to be in great shape and as explosive as ever, lol. 
 

Point is we’ve seen top prospects like Zion held out and bounce back from injuries without losing a step. But can you really show me any examples of guys that were in  their 30s, showed signs of regression in injury plagued seasons, and then came back as what they were before or better? 

 

I'm higher on Zion coming back to form than most here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

What does my team have to do with it? I didn’t say anything about how good my team is or how you lucked into the 1st pick and completely blew the opportunity by ending up with a bottom tier team that can’t score or create.  I’ve said I’m less than impressed with my own team, only thing that made me feel better was looking around and seeing no one else’s is much better.  I actually agree with most of what you said about my 3 guys there.  MPJ is almost in that Zion category, some people legitimately think he’s potentially all nba if healthy but he hasn’t done nearly enough to prove that and I don’t really agree anyway
 

That’s all completely irrelevant to the point.  This is a principled argument on competitive fairness and established rules set out before the draft. If injured guys were still going to be considered injured in some fashion that should have been established instead of “injuries will be removed” 

I can think of 5 teams I should handily beat so I'd say mid-tier but to each his own. I certainly made a few mistakes drafting but talent is only a part of the equation. 

If you're that bugged by it I'll treat your team team as 100% the last time we saw them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm higher on Zion coming back to form than most here.

The only thing that anyone can say is "herp a derp, he's chubby now." Dude is 360 yamming in warm ups, Jokic way fatter yet he went #1...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...