2022 Rookie Mini camp, OTA, Training Camp Thread

Trentwannabe

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dude…

it was a recorded call with detectives present.

Yeah it says nothing in that call where he said they had sex. The girl asked in the call if they had sex and he said he doesnt remember. 

All that phone call shows is that he says she should get tested for an STD. And if she was having sex with multiple men of course he would say that she should get tested.

No where in the phone call does he say i think i gave you a std or we had sex or anything of the sort. Its not exactly a smoking gun... and i doubt they would be releasing the phone call in a civil suit if it was great evidence. Youd have to imagine it would get thrown out in a criminal trial for being released to public during a civil suit. Hell it may have been illegal for police to tap Matt's phone if they didnt have a warrant. In California both parties must agree to recording a phone call in advance.

55 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I still can't get over doing this for a ******* punter.

This legit might destroy the season and the team, for a PUNTER.

I think youre being a little over dramatic. You gotta just trust the NFL investigators... they do a hell of a job. And there is no way Beane or McDermott would sign off on cutting Haack if they didnt like what they heard from them.

Like a said. He was served a civil suit. That usually last case scenario when the criminal case falls through.

Her lawyer is calling out the college, the bills, and the police department. The chances that all 3 seperate identities investigated it and he hasnt been cut or charged with a crime is very telling. That tells me evidence doesnt match the story. Was a crime committed... probably... but sounds as if she was to drunk to remember who committed it.

Just now, Kmart128 said:

I think youre being a little over dramatic. You gotta just trust the NFL investigators... they do a hell of a job.

Buddy if the last decade of the NFL and what conduct has been allowed and what players have literally lied about only to have video and or audio evidence of later has not disabused you of this notion then I can't help you.

8 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah it says nothing in that call where he said they had sex. The girl asked in the call if they had sex and he said he doesnt remember. 

All that phone call shows is that he says she should get tested for an STD. And if she was having sex with multiple men of course he would say that she should get tested.

No where in the phone call does he say i think i gave you a std or we had sex or anything of the sort. Its not exactly a smoking gun... and i doubt they would be releasing the phone call in a civil suit if it was great evidence. Youd have to imagine it would get thrown out in a criminal trial for being released to public during a civil suit. Hell it may have been illegal for police to tap Matt's phone if they didnt have a warrant. In California both parties must agree to recording a phone call in advance.

You really don’t understand how the law works or how and why civil cases are used.

8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Buddy if the last decade of the NFL and what conduct has been allowed and what players have literally lied about only to have video and or audio evidence of later has not disabused you of this notion then I can't help you.

“They do a hell of a job”

Sad part is I think he actually believes that. Wonder how he’d feel about this if it was the Patriots punter 

8 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

The bolded is pretty hilarious to read, and I'd bet the house that this isn't the case. The odds are astronomically low.

I remember college well. I knew of a few people who caught STDs. Some had no idea where it came from. Some would have an idea of who it came from. They'd have to make 'the call' to let the person the hooked up with know what they tested positive for. It was embarrassing as hell for them. It would then become a game of who-gave-who the STD. Wild times. 

Point is- nobody wanted their name circulating around in regards to STDs. NOBODY. You'd only make that text/call if you had to.

Edited by WizeGuy

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

You really don’t understand how the law works or how and why civil cases are used.

Trust me i know how the law works. This civil case is being used to get outrage and sway the public opinion because the criminal investigation is going how they wanted. The DA investigation hasnt charged anyone so they are using this civil case to bring the situation to the light of public opinion and pressure the DA. Its pretty obvious based on his twitter... and its hard to believe this lawyer when he put out a timeline that said Bills picked up Araiza August 22nd... dude cant even get basic facts straight.

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Trust me i know how the law works. This civil case is being used to get outrage and sway the public opinion because the criminal investigation is going how they wanted. The DA investigation hasnt charged anyone so they are using this civil case to bring the situation to the light of public opinion and pressure the DA. Its pretty obvious based on his twitter... and its hard to believe this lawyer when he put out a timeline that said Bills picked up Araiza August 22nd... dude cant even get basic facts straight.

A 17 year old got raped. It should have been in the limelight 10 months ago. People should be outraged. The DA shouldn’t need to be pressured to take action. 

You’re picking such a weird hill to die on man. All because he’s on the Bills. Gross 

• Like 2