The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb has already displayed great leadership qualities though, dude revived USC and got OU to rally behind him as a true freshman.

I don't really care about his leadership qualities if he's an otherwise immature twit. 

Johnny Manziel revived A&M and his teams rallied behind Johnny Football. 

Jameis Winston revived FSU and his teammates rallied behind Ol Crab Legs. 

A turd is a turd. And turds rarely pan out at the professional level. A 10 year vet isn't going to give a rat's *** about what Caleb did at USC or OU if he's painting his nails while getting beat and being about as insufferable as Jackson Mahomes.

Again, if he grows up, I'm all in. If he doesn't, I wouldn't touch him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

If we take AR I'd at least understand the thought process because the dude is a freak and it COULD workout (I don't think it's super likely). If we take Levis I'll be as disappointed as I've ever been in a pick from this franchise and that is saying something. 

Could ship AR off like the Bears were apparently thinking about doing with Fields and select QB1 too. The same reason we all love the idea of AR15 now will be the reason GMs love him next season if he were available for trade.

Someone will think they can make him the next Josh Allen.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I don't really care about his leadership qualities if he's an otherwise immature twit. 

Johnny Manziel revived A&M and his teams rallied behind Johnny Football. 

Jameis Winston revived FSU and his teammates rallied behind Ol Crab Legs. 

A turd is a turd. And turds rarely pan out at the professional level. A 10 year vet isn't going to give a rat's *** about what Caleb did at USC or OU if he's painting his nails while getting beat and being about as insufferable as Jackson Mahomes.

Again, if he grows up, I'm all in. If he doesn't, I wouldn't touch him. 

I think the bigger reason that both of those guys failed though is because they just weren't that good. Manziel also was a crazy partier but ultimately didn't really have the tools to be a franchise level guy.

Caleb is an otherworldly level talent.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Could ship AR off like the Bears were apparently thinking about doing with Fields and select QB1 too. The same reason we all love the idea of AR15 now will be the reason GMs love him next season if he were available for trade.

Someone will think they can make him the next Josh Allen.

I think it'll be harder to trade him next year with an extremely deep / talented QB class in the draft.

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Jalen Carter has a lot of questions right now.  Legally if you're not looking at jail time... If hes there at 7 you take him 1000000000%.  

........ Right?

........ Right?  

Naw, I'd pass. Trade back if someone really wants him. 

I don't think he's so transformational that he's a lock for the HoF. The ?'s take him off my board in round 1. 

Ika, Tuipolotu, Smith,  Bresee, or Dexter all bring enough to the table to make me happy enough to pass on someone with huge character red flags. 

10 minutes ago, Totty said:

Jalen Carter has a lot of questions right now.  Legally if you're not looking at jail time... If hes there at 7 you take him 1000000000%.  

........ Right?

........ Right?  

We'll pass on him, he'll become an All-Pro, and everyone will whine that we didn't draft him.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I've seen people saying it's bc his friend is dead..... The same friend he supposedly talked into drag racing when the guy was absolutely hammered then when the crash happened, Carter fled the scene. I want absolutely nothing to do with this guy

Genuinely curious. Is that is what is being reported? That he talked her into racing? Because I've not heard that.