Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

I’ve been fighting the urge to trade up for some time. Really more focused on next season.

Sorry, not sorry. 

The draft still fascinates me. I have players on my board that I considered rounds ago that are somehow still available. I always think that "my guy" will be taken, and, sure, that certainly happens at times, but they tend to stick around. (Which probably means I'm targeting the wrong players.)

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The draft still fascinates me. I have players on my board that I considered rounds ago that are somehow still available. I always think that "my guy" will be taken, and, sure, that certainly happens at times, but they tend to stick around. (Which probably means I'm targeting the wrong players.)

I had been considering Vera-Tucker for at least 3 rounds. For a first year player he sure did some pancaking. Plus has the draft capital.

But just kept sliding. I finally pulled the trigger in my first “Double” round.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think the same thing about a lot of other people's picks

Which is why I'm one to trade down often

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

I had been considering Vera-Tucker for at least 3 rounds. For a first year player he sure did some pancaking. Plus has the draft capital.

But just kept sliding. I finally pulled the trigger in my first “Double” round.

Exactly. You just never know.

I loved Chark's stats from last sim (gaudy average, low drops, great TDs), and, after a few decent seasons in real life (albeit an injury-plagued 2021), he enters a situation where he seems to be the clear-cut #1 on a prove-it deal.  I thought for sure he would've been gone before the 10th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I think the same thing about a lot of other people's picks

Which is why I'm one to trade down often

I'll probably get to the point where I figure out that balance. (At least, I hope.) I get sold on a player and feel like I have to make a move to get him, when, in reality, I can probably wait.

The FOMO is real.

Draft is far from over - but a couple thoughts

• Anchorage grabbing Ryan is the difference between being a 5-6 win team, and a team that will easily be in the hunt. If they hadn't spent early picks on speculative guys like Walker, Hamilton, Burks and instead built a team to win, I think they would easily be the biggest improver (might still be)
  • Glem looks like he has a REAL nice squad going
  • Samurai would be a fantastic squad in 2019
  • Thunder are the new Anchorage, and I assume they will be bottom of the heap and really need some good IRL luck in their favor with their young keepers
  • If TL actually tried to draft a real defense, they would be formidable
  • Polar Bears are gonna have a rough season
  • Swoosh - see comment on Samurai, but probably still has a nice season
  • Bucsfan actually has a really bangin squad, and might actually be better than his usual 8-8 plus or minus a game. I could see them being one of those 11+ winner contenders
  • Rammy should have Watson suspended, tbh. Or the nerf of all nerfs
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

• Anchorage grabbing Ryan is the difference between being a 5-6 win team, and a team that will easily be in the hunt. If they hadn't spent early picks on speculative guys like Walker, Hamilton, Burks and instead built a team to win, I think they would easily be the biggest improver (might still be)
  • Thunder are the new Anchorage, and I assume they will be bottom of the heap and really need some good IRL luck in their favor with their young keepers
  • Bucsfan actually has a really bangin squad, and might actually be better than his usual 8-8 plus or minus a game. I could see them being one of those 11+ winner contenders

Nothing about the Newbie butchering his first draft? I’m hurt.

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I can’t help myself with the rookies. 

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Rookies are "bad" until they're "good", at which point they become practically untouchable commodities. I'll never hate on someone drafting a rookie that they believe in in real life.

I mean I’m the guy in BDL that had 6 top 14 picks in 2021 and 4 top 9 picks in 2022 in rookie only drafts. I love potential and I think part of me enjoys the pain of busts in some sick twisted way.

Trevor Lawrence- Traded away for a top 7 pick in 2022, top 16 and top 32 pick in 2023
Ja’Marr Chase
Kyle Pitts
Patrick Surtain
DeVonta Smith
Micah Parsons
Aidan Hutchinson
Jordan Davis 
Derek Stingley Jr
Ikem Ekwonu

And then add in 2nd and 3rd round picks Jameson Williams and Azeez Ojulari

I just can’t help it. I need an intervention like you need one for trades.

Oh and 4 top 16 picks in 2020 that didn’t look so great for me except for Burrow

Joe Burrow
Henry Ruggs (I hate this man)
CJ Henderson (traded)
Jedrick Wills (traded)

2020 top 10 picks traded for from other teams

Isaiah Simmons
Andrew Thomas 

• Like 1