Jimmy Moreland cut

turtle28

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

With who they drafted and who they had on the roster, this was not a surprise to me. We would do well to grab him. But I think he might be better served going elsewhere. This coaching staff tends to look for larger CBs IIRC.

They do on the outside, not sure about in the slot. Danny Johnson is only 5’9. The Corn Elder is 5’10.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They do on the outside, not sure about in the slot. Danny Johnson is only 5’9. The Corn Elder is 5’10.

Yeah I mean I would see if we could claim him. Honestly it’s more competition for the slot job which isn’t a bad thing, the thing about Moreland is that he may be short but….. he’s a decent tackler for his size and has great ball skills

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Wasn’t he released by us with an injury settlement or something? I want to say he was hurt 

Yes, he had a knee injury & got an injury settlement. They kept McTyer over him bc of the worst phrase in the world “position flex” and it backfired as most thought it would. Sadly bc McTyer tore his ACL on the Hail Mary vs ATL.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, he had a knee injury & got an injury settlement. They kept McTyer over him bc of the worst phrase in the world “position flex” and it backfired as most thought it would. Sadly bc McTyer tore his ACL on the Hail Mary vs ATL.

Yeah from what I read Morelands beat season was under del Rio where he got played roughly 80% of plays. When he went to Houston Lovie only used him for 8 snaps at corner with the rest of his snaps on special teams

i would bring him back, cheap contract and could play slot where he excelled. He was actually extremely good vs the run as well. At minimum it’s competition 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I read Belichick wants to sign him, makes sense of course Bill would see his talent despite his size & want him.

I hope this is true for him. I think he deserves a chance to play and I think Bill might be a positive development for him

• Like 1