Braves Hire Alex Anthopoulos as GM

devils1854

What a great situation for AA to take over with that young talent and studly farm.

AA loves his deals.. Like I've said before I just have a feeling Josh Donaldson ends up in ATL and AA was the guy who stole him from Oakland. I don't see AA taking the job if ownership is planning to not add payroll

I miss the Greek in Toronto 

7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What a great situation for AA to take over with that young talent and studly farm.

AA loves his deals.. Like I've said before I just have a feeling Josh Donaldson ends up in ATL and AA was the guy who stole him from Oakland. I don't see AA taking the job if ownership is planning to not add payroll

I miss the Greek in Toronto 

Cots has the team around 97 million after arbitration and rookie deals. Payroll was over 140 million this past year, and a lot more money will be off the books next offseason. New tv deal and new stadium. Plenty of money to throw around. 

4 hours ago, mission27 said:

Wheeling and dealing is his thing, but unless he's moving Freeman for more prospects it is going to hurt the franchise, they aren't ready to try to compete yet.  Don't pull a Padres.

This team doesnt need any more prospects. There's around 12 guys that could possibly be in the top 100 rankings. Turning those prospects into major leaguers is the next step. 

The offense is set at 1st, 2nd, SS, CF, and RF. Catcher should also be a strength the next couple of years until Jackson is ready. Just need a 3B and LF.

Starting pitching is pretty much set at 3 spots, with a number of young guys vying for the other two spots. This is where a move needs to be made for a legitimate starter(Fullmer? Cole?).

Pen has a lot of high upside arms. Probably needs another vet or two to go with them.

The team isnt that far off as long as young guys continue to develop. 

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

This team doesnt need any more prospects. There's around 12 guys that could possibly be in the top 100 rankings. Turning those prospects into major leaguers is the next step. 

The offense is set at 1st, 2nd, SS, CF, and RF. Catcher should also be a strength the next couple of years until Jackson is ready. Just need a 3B and LF.

Starting pitching is pretty much set at 3 spots, with a number of young guys vying for the other two spots. This is where a move needs to be made for a legitimate starter(Fullmer? Cole?).

Pen has a lot of high upside arms. Probably needs another vet or two to go with them.

The team isnt that far off as long as young guys continue to develop. 

Which is why I am a little shocked at the AA hire.  This hasn't been his strong suit.  He has killed it as a guy who acquired prospects and hoarded them, but wasn't great in turning all those assets into a perpetually good team.

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Which is why I am a little shocked at the AA hire.  This hasn't been his strong suit.  He has killed it as a guy who acquired prospects and hoarded them, but wasn't great in turning all those assets into a perpetually good team.

The only bad trade he really made in Toronto was the Dickey trade.

He got Donaldson for a pile of turds

He also turned a lot of nothing into Mark Buehrle and Jose Reyes, who was then turned in Tulo. 

Got David Price for pretty much nothing. 

During his tenure, he traded a lot of prospects, but the only one that really turned out bad was Synderrgard and maybe Jeff Hoffman, but the jury is still out on that one. 

He got the Angels to take Vernon Wells and his albatross of a contract. Maybe he can get someone to take Matt Kemp. That would be a major win there. 

34 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Dickey trade was awful but his body of work overall was fantastic. He's missed by the fan base here.

I wouldn't say the Shapiro, Atkins regime has been well received so far and this Donaldson situation if not handled properly could stir up the fanbase even more

You know AA is going to come out swinging

Donaldson(with extension)
Aaron Sanchez

for

Luiz Gohara
Mike Soroka
Austin Riley
Christian Pache
Johan Camargo

Archived