The Mandalorian - Season 3 - March 1st

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At least with Thrawn and the Rebels characters they briefly mentioned/showed, you can say "oh they're just prepping that for Ahsoka", but not really with the whole Coruscant folks. Those people had nothing to do with any part of the story in here or Ashoka, so I'm just THOROUGHLY confused why they even bothered with those episodes.

It was a whole lot of screen time just to say "Gideon stole Pershing's research and made clones of himself with the force".  It's possible that will come back into play in future series, but it certainly drug this storyline down.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 1:49 AM, Acgott said:

Hard to make a character interesting when they can’t talk. Grogu’s journey is what makes him intriguing and we saw one scene of his past and he didnt grow at all in the present.

My hope is that there is a long term plan for Grogu which I’m sure there is.

16 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It was a whole lot of screen time just to say "Gideon stole Pershing's research and made clones of himself with the force".  It's possible that will come back into play in future series, but it certainly drug this storyline down.

Think it’ll come into play again. With all of the clones not being there. It makes the dumbest thing about the finale “ima go get Mando and the child…by menacingly waiting for them to find me after they destroy my clones.”

If he is just dead now, maybe the pick up of that storyline is Kane scurrying to her next imperial stop with Necromancer, leading to the Emperor coming back. Or maybe somewhere else along the way. 

Shes got huge First Order energy, could see her being one of the ones who make up the first gen of the Sith Fleet on Exegol, the parents of all those troopers.

Sorta feel that shadow council scene was like the heads of the Templar in Assassins Creed or something. Mando will be taking some of them down (that he canonically can), each of them operating different wings of the Imperial Remnant. Each one providing Mandalore with something, gaining a new ally or leading to Grogu/Mando getting new equipment & abilities.

Timing seems like this whole Mando Saga will lead to the battles with Thrawn and the birth of the first order…even if it’s in defeat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I've thought since the end of season one that he is likely one of the key pillars of Star Wars for the next 20 years.

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Meh, clearly they added him late back into season 3 because everyone loved him. He needs force training. Is Ezra going to train him next?

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

I’m supporting the theory that Gideon is still alive and the one we saw killed was a clone. His other clones were killed way too easily. It’s all been a decoy to fake his death so he can get drinks at the beach with Thrawn.

They probably went to Fhloston Paradise tbh. 

Just finished the season and i enjoyed it. Was it the best season of Mando? Probably not but its up there for me personally because Bo Katan and Madnolorian lore are some of my favorite things in SW.

Im seeing a lot of people say over the internet (not directed at anyone here) that nothing happened this season and i dont agree with that at all. Mandalorians have finally taken back Mandalore which is huge, the dark saber is broken, also a huge going forward, we know that the Mythosaur isnt extinct which is also huge, Imperials looked to be successful in cloning force sensitive beings, also huge, Din officially adopted Grogu as his own and will be trained in the Mandalorian way. (could be a big thing going forward for Mandalore) Theres a lot of big things that happened in this season for SWs as a whole going forward.

With this season ending it makes me wonder if thats it for the Mandalore arc in this show? Like are we done seeing Mandalore, Madalorians and Bo Katan all together and we will have to wait for the movie to get the finale to the Mandalore arc? Or will it just go back to focusing on Din and Grogu?

With the dark saber gone and Grogu officially being accepted in the way of the Mandalore im thinking that Grogu will eventually be the one to lead and unite all of Mandalore like Tarre Vizsla did. And i think one of the last scenes where it shows Grogu connecting with the Mythasaur is a bit of an easter eggs towards it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sad People said:

Just finished the season and i enjoyed it. Was it the best season of Mando? Probably not but its up there for me personally because Bo Katan and Madnolorian lore are some of my favorite things in SW.

Im seeing a lot of people say over the internet (not directed at anyone here) that nothing happened this season and i dont agree with that at all. Mandalorians have finally taken back Mandalore which is huge, the dark saber is broken, also a huge going forward, we know that the Mythosaur isnt extinct which is also huge, Imperials looked to be successful in cloning force sensitive beings, also huge, Din officially adopted Grogu as his own and will be trained in the Mandalorian way. (could be a big thing going forward for Mandalore) Theres a lot of big things that happened in this season for SWs as a whole going forward.

With this season ending it makes me wonder if thats it for the Mandalore arc in this show? Like are we done seeing Mandalore, Madalorians and Bo Katan all together and we will have to wait for the movie to get the finale to the Mandalore arc? Or will it just go back to focusing on Din and Grogu?

With the dark saber gone and Grogu officially being accepted in the way of the Mandalore im thinking that Grogu will eventually be the one to lead and unite all of Mandalore like Tarre Vizsla did. And i think one of the last scenes where it shows Grogu connecting with the Mythasaur is a bit of an easter eggs towards it.

I agree with everything you said. I think this season was about setting up some intriguing future story lines 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Ending kinda felt like a series finale to me? 

I think it kinda was in the sense of what the show was building to. Mandalore is in the process of being restored, Bo has united the factions. Piece by piece the show was building towards that.

Way they’ve kinda laid it out it seems like a soft reset next season. Din and Mando working with the Republic to collect on bringing in/taking down the Imperial remnants. Given the time jumps I’m sure a couple will be dealt with before season 4.

Still get the armorer and Bo, but only for like an episode or two. Grogu getting armor, or sharing intel sort of stuff.

They could do a split narrative still focusing on Bo and Mandalore, but it almost seems like it should be it’s own show.

Them wiping out all but the most zealous imperials that go on to create the First Order makes sense with the timeline, and explains why they were left relatively powerless at the fringe of the Galaxy for all those years.

• Like 1