Star Wars Jedi Survivor (Respawn, 2023)

Kiltman

16 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Anyone who got a chance to play it is the combat a little more fluid? I always felt it was a little clunky int he original and i'm hoping they upped the "Sekiro" of it. 

Seems like you’ll be happy from what I’ve seen, I’m watching some draft roundup stuff and then jumping in

Gotta love when devs do the little things on top of the story. Always down for growing a camp/outpost

Also visuals are finally at that next gen target point we’ve had for such a long time. They plus it up for cinematics, but it looks really good when you’re up close to a lot of stuff 

Finished this over the weekend. It was a good game, definitely improved a lot over the first game, but I honestly wasn't a big fanof how big they made the maps. Just felt too big and tiresome to go through 

Just finished it too, solid story and mechanically far better than the last one.

Interesting direction for the story, I know they have a 3rd one planned, can’t wait to see where they go with it. Considering how quickly they were reportedly able to make this, and they won’t need to scale too much up, could see the 3rd one come out fall 2026 to spring 2027. Benefits of building in the same gen.

How's this game? I was watching a YouTuber that was ranting about how the game has ran terribly with frame rate issues. He showed an example where he did some mission and put some pants on his character and the game crashed. Then, the game never saved anything he did and he had to redo it.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

How's this game? I was watching a YouTuber that was ranting about how the game has ran terribly with frame rate issues. He showed an example where he did some mission and put some pants on his character and the game crashed. Then, the game never saved anything he did and he had to redo it.

The most recent two comments are two people who have finished the game and given some basic thoughts... 

I played on PS5, the game ran ok. I had 1 crash in the playthrough, but lots of frame drop issues. There were a lot of PC issues for sure. There is no autosave, it only saves when you go to the meditation points, so yes if it were to crash and it has been a while since you have visited a meditation point, that would suck. 

So I didn’t play in performance mode, wanted the raytracing and higher fidelity graphics on my XSX

Crashing: happened 2 maybe three times. Two of them before the first patch and always when a lot was going on on top of the norm. Zero after yesterdays patch.

framedrops: they definitely occurred, but it was infrequent enough to not really bug me. I basically had the whole week off and the times that it got really bad I just saved and rebooted it and it was fine. Much smoother overall after the second patch.

texture pop in: can be bad at times. Textures are fantastic, as is the lighting. But  it sometimes chugs a bit to get you the HQ textures. Something that is unfortunately the norm but should be fixed in a patch. When it’s going good, and it is most the time, it’s a gorgeous game.

I’m probably going right into a NG+, so none of it (especially after the patches) really is deterring me from that. I do hope at some point they do a 2K ray tracing mode. Would probably be the best version of the game. 

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

So I didn’t play in performance mode, wanted the raytracing and higher fidelity graphics on my XSX

Crashing: happened 2 maybe three times. Two of them before the first patch and always when a lot was going on on top of the norm. Zero after yesterdays patch.

framedrops: they definitely occurred, but it was infrequent enough to not really bug me. I basically had the whole week off and the times that it got really bad I just saved and rebooted it and it was fine. Much smoother overall after the second patch.

texture pop in: can be bad at times. Textures are fantastic, as is the lighting. But  it sometimes chugs a bit to get you the HQ textures. Something that is unfortunately the norm but should be fixed in a patch. When it’s going good, and it is most the time, it’s a gorgeous game.

I’m probably going right into a NG+, so none of it (especially after the patches) really is deterring me from that. I do hope at some point they do a 2K ray tracing mode. Would probably be the best version of the game. 

Hmmmm so basically the game lacks polish. The YT'er I was watching said that as well and said he felt like the game was rushed. Not referring to the quality of the story and game play, but just fps issues, crashing, pop-in, etc.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Hmmmm so basically the game lacks polish. The YT'er I was watching said that as well and said he felt like the game was rushed. Not referring to the quality of the story and game play, but just fps issues, crashing, pop-in, etc.

As far as AAA next gen games, it’s fine. 
This gen jump seems to really to hard on Devs, lingering COVID issues hopefully start going away in a year or so.

Yeah they probably could’ve pushed it to June and had it very good. But it’s pretty good as is tech wise.

Scope, mechanics and Story are really good