Star Wars Jedi Survivor (Respawn, 2023)

Kiltman

Enjoyed the first game a lot. Looks like we're getting a few big SW projects for next gen soon. The Knights of the Old Republic remake and Ubisoft's open world game which is rumored to be the Mandalorian. 

If they do the Mando game right it could be amazing.

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Enjoyed the first game a lot. Looks like we're getting a few big SW projects for next gen soon. The Knights of the Old Republic remake and Ubisoft's open world game which is rumored to be the Mandalorian. 

If they do the Mando game right it could be amazing.

Hope that the Mando game and the Ubisoft game are two separate things, but yeah a mando game would be awesome. The series structure is built as a game basically.

I guess the only downside is all these games are canon so might limit what you can do.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Hope that the Mando game and the Ubisoft game are two separate things, but yeah a mando game would be awesome. The series structure is built as a game basically.

I guess the only downside is all these games are canon so might limit what you can do.

Ubisoft is currently developing an open world Star Wars game and they hinted at it being the Mandalorian a while ago. Why don't you want the Ubisoft game to be the Mandalorian?

It seems like the perfect game for an open world setting. Ideally you'd have 2-3 different worlds you could travel too. Mando as a character has a bunch of weapons, ships, etc. that could be upgraded or found as the story progressed. They'd have a ton of creative freedom with the story arc because he's not really tied into the main cannon. And as a bounty hunter they could set up a variety of quests outside of the main storyline to keep the game interesting.

Of all the companies to get an open world SW game I am sad it is Ubisoft, but at least it's something.

As for this game, I am excited. I didn't realize that it is next gen only, which is awesome. I will be getting day one and hopefully it isn't a holiday 2023, though I am sure it will be. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Of all the companies to get an open world SW game I am sad it is Ubisoft, but at least it's something.

As for this game, I am excited. I didn't realize that it is next gen only, which is awesome. I will be getting day one and hopefully it isn't a holiday 2023, though I am sure it will be. 

After Ghost, Sucker Punch would've been a good choice for an open world star wars game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Just beat fallen order again. Was a really good game and a breath of fresh air after that “single player games are dead” narrative. 

I’m glad it got so much love, gave me hope EA finally could kinda start learning a lesson enough to not try to kill BioWare again 

On 5/28/2022 at 4:41 PM, NYRaider said:

Ubisoft is currently developing an open world Star Wars game and they hinted at it being the Mandalorian a while ago. Why don't you want the Ubisoft game to be the Mandalorian?

It seems like the perfect game for an open world setting. Ideally you'd have 2-3 different worlds you could travel too. Mando as a character has a bunch of weapons, ships, etc. that could be upgraded or found as the story progressed. They'd have a ton of creative freedom with the story arc because he's not really tied into the main cannon. And as a bounty hunter they could set up a variety of quests outside of the main storyline to keep the game interesting.

Yeah, Ubisoft is the perfect group to make a Mando / bounty hunter game. Open World with tons of side quests / discoverables. 

Basically just copy and paste AC into a Star Wars setting.

42 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Yeah, Ubisoft is the perfect group to make a Mando / bounty hunter game. Open World with tons of side quests / discoverables. 

Basically just copy and paste AC into a Star Wars setting.

I'm personally not a fan of the Assassin's Creed games but I hope that they hit the mark, it has so much potential. I'd love to see Sucker Punch get a chance with an open world star wars game, a Jedi based game would be cool, I'm sure they combat would be dope after Ghost.

Didn't really like the Fallen Order Star Wars game that much. Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that I've never seen Star Wars. I bought the game for $9, so no biggie. Also, the fact that this game is made by Ubisoft... yeah there's no way I would ever pay full price for a Ubisoft game.