Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Totally agree. We upgraded his position and he failed to up his game to compete with them. His ego thinks he's a top 3 WR on this team, but his play says otherwise. He had opportunities, he just didn't capitalize on them. I'd still like to keep him as a depth piece... but if we can get a decent pick for him, so be it. 

It's also possible he doesn't think that and he knows he has no chance to play here.

Totally agree. We upgraded his position and he failed to up his game to compete with them. His ego thinks he's a top 3 WR on this team, but his play says otherwise. He had opportunities, he just didn't capitalize on them. I'd still like to keep him as a depth piece... but if we can get a decent pick for him, so be it. 

It's also possible he doesn't think that and he knows he has no chance to play here.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

According to beat writers he was getting 1st team practice reps probably a few like those other guys were.  So to say he wasn't is incorrect.  He also has had a few drops/penalties etc and when you are down the depth chart you don't jump the talent that is in front of you easily and doing that doesn't help.  He did this to himself by not learning the full playbook last year and not being able to line up in all spots.  I mean we were crushed by injuries last year and they still didn't give him a chance.  This doesn't seem a staff or a GM who wants his first 2nd round pick to be a waste without reason.

Who is he jumping to be a starter?  I mean the game before in Philly he had a catch then a drop, then a penalty.  I mean you want more reps but he's been inconsistent at best. 

His agent isn’t going to lie publicly about something we seen in the preseason games. This past week he was the 7th receiver I think to get snaps and immediately made an impact. You find ways to build on that. Mims obviously isn’t a starter on this team but neither is Berrios for example but they find ways to utilize his strengths. Personnel wise i understand every offense is limited in what certain guys can do and we don’t try and stretch the field vertically. 

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment honestly. This isn’t one sided. 

Regime switches always have situations like this. Very rare guys carry over especially when teams invest in that same position in B2B years. In a perfect works Mims, Moore and Wilson would have been our trio of the future but that was always wishful thinking. His value is at his lowest and the Jets aren’t gonna play him against the Giants with the starters to showcase his skills or lack thereof enough to change much. We cut him and he’s in Baltimore week 1 I can guarantee it and Joe knows that. 

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Stop watching that Jets 24/7 dude lol

lol I don't know what that is. I only follow a few jets fans and I keep some writers in a group so I don't have to follow them. When I used to make the draft class highlight tapes on Youtube, I followed everyone. Then fans/writers became annoying AF.

48 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I don't know what that is. I only follow a few jets fans and I keep some writers in a group so I don't have to follow them. When I used to make the draft class highlight tapes on Youtube, I followed everyone. Then fans/writers became annoying AF.

He made a video suggesting that same trade lol. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

His agent isn’t going to lie publicly about something we seen in the preseason games. This past week he was the 7th receiver I think to get snaps and immediately made an impact. You find ways to build on that. Mims obviously isn’t a starter on this team but neither is Berrios for example but they find ways to utilize his strengths. Personnel wise i understand every offense is limited in what certain guys can do and we don’t try and stretch the field vertically. 

Nah, Berrios had some clutch moments last year - Mims had nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Calvin Jackson will be our Slot of the future

I’m not so sure LaFleur will employ a WR that is strictly a slot receiver. I can see an O with three WR’s switching between the X, Z and slot all game and season.

Edited by xrade