Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

24 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Then why even take the money, you would decline the service if they were "so scared'.

He didn't hold a gun to their heads and make them do the service, they could have blocked him, or even ignored the inbox.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy that. You all are painting all of these grey area scenarios.

Because they might be more afraid of what else could happen if they refused the money.

Because the service they were hired to do and what he allegedly forced them to were very different.

Its not a grey area.  Its actually a normal trauma response.  Shock, acceptance, numbness, etc. are not uncommon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Because they might be more afraid of what else could happen if they refused the money.

Because the service they were hired to do and what he allegedly forced them to were very different.

Its not a grey area.  Its actually a normal trauma response.  Shock, acceptance, numbness, etc. are not uncommon.

Sounds like a reach to support a narrative to me, they easily could have denied the service or referred them to someone else. You all act as if the word "no" was never an option

Edited by MSURacerDT55

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I learned you are elite at deflection 

Deflection like claiming that nobody filed a police report despite 10 people filing police reports?

Or deflection like claiming that none of this is "that serious" when talking about at least 24 accusations of sexual assault?

Or deflection like trying to blame alleged victims for not just leaving?

Stay classy dude.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sounds like a reach to support a narrative to me, they easily could have denied the service or referred them to someone else. You all act as if that was never an option

Put a woman in an enclosed space with a human of Watson's influence and physical stature and see how many are comfortable of turning him down in that situation without fear of reprisal.  It's not like he warned them up front what he was going to do.

If we were talking about 1 or 2 women, you'd have a much better point.  26 or however many is premeditated.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sounds like a reach to support a narrative to me, they easily could have denied the service or referred them to someone else. You all act as if the word "no" was never an option

Man you need to stop. Your digging a hole so deep your probably going to reach China. I hope you don't have any daughters or sisters they should be really ashamed if you do.... 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Put a woman in an enclosed space with a human of Watson's influence and physical stature and see how many are comfortable of turning him down in that situation without fear of reprisal.  It's not like he warned them up front what he was going to do.

If we were talking about 1 or 2 women, you'd have a much better point.  26 or however many is premeditated.

I'm sorry but from what I saw from the DMs and the ongoing convos and emojis, that does not sound like someone who is scared for their lives. 

Look, I will continue to say what Watson did was totally creepy but this whole trying to demonize this guy or pick and choose what to be outraged about is out of control. If he violated to league personal conduct policy, he should be suspended, but everyone who violates it should have to pay equally. Also trying to paint these alleged victims as if they cannot be questioned is flawed as well.

People should be able to have questions about what doesn't make sense to them, I for one will never follow the crowd on what I believe and never will. I guess that's what sets me a part from others

20 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

Deflection like claiming that nobody filed a police report despite 10 people filing police reports?

Or deflection like claiming that none of this is "that serious" when talking about at least 24 accusations of sexual assault?

Or deflection like trying to blame alleged victims for not just leaving?

Stay classy dude.

The Simpsons GIF

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Man you need to stop. Your digging a hole so deep your probably going to reach China. I hope you don't have any daughters or sisters they should be really ashamed if you do.... 

Yawn....... 

FYI, I do and they are taught to think independently and ask questions if things don't seem right. Anything else?

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

As the old adage goes, one bad apple can ruin the rest. 

These women chose to become massage therapists for athletes. A perfectly good job that should come with all of the comfort and benefits as any job. It's also a job that requires clients, and clients talk. Watson isn't some nobody, and I'm sure around Houston if Watson were to tell everyone so and so isn't any good at her job, her career would be effectively over. And I'd like to hope most athletes are adult enough to keep it professional and didn't know what was going on, though if so, it's not like Watson would disclose to them why so and so isn't good at her job. 

That's why these allegations are so disturbing. You're screwing with someone's entire well-being from a position of outsized influence and power over the situation. 

• Like 3