NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They're going to get a great package, but if you're expecting something like that Warriors package then you're going to be very disappointed.

Where do you think he will end up and what deal you think the Nets will ultimately get for him?

I saw a list of names of players the Nets cant trade for bc of the NBA rule. Alot of big time and interesting names on the list too. But again unfortunately the Nets wont be able to get any of them bc of the rule.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Where do you think he will end up and what deal you think the Nets will ultimately get for him?

I saw a list of names of players the Nets cant trade for bc of the NBA rule. Alot of big time and interesting names on the list too. But again unfortunately the Nets wont be able to get any of them bc of the rule.

2-3 decent players and 2-3 FRP

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Who's on the list? If you guys go into full rebuild mode and trade Simmons too it opens up who you can take back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

KDs ego wouldn’t allow that. He wants to prove he can win on his own 

Him going to the warriors then going right to the nets with kyrie and with harden on the way kind of proves this to be wrong. He just wants to win. He had zero shame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Who's on the list? If you guys go into full rebuild mode and trade Simmons too it opens up who you can take back.

I can’t remember them all but guys I saw was Bam, Tatum, SGA, players like that. But that’s bc Simmons is on roster. If he isn’t on the roster then the rule doesn’t apply to the Nets. 

51 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No. Bc with KD the Warriors KNOW they will be a lock to win the title the next 2-3 maybe 4 years in a row barring multiple major injuries like they suffered the last time KD was on the roster. Its called stacking the deck.

Yes the Warriors did win a title this past season with the team as constituted but one can make a case that if Brooks didnt get suspended and JA didnt get hurt the Grizzles couldve beaten the Warriors. The West is only going to get tougher and its going to be hard for the Warriors to repeat.

Plus we dont know what Kuminga or Wiseman is going to turn into. Yes they are young talented prospects with potential but as someone once said, potential can get you fired. And when it comes down to Wiggins and Poole, you are telling me they are untouchable if you can get arguably the best player in the NBA?

And again its not paying 200% over market. Every time a trade is being discussed fans overvalue the players involved. Fans also overvalue picks too. If this was Bradley Beal or even Kyrie we are talking about, sure I wouldnt feel like the Warriors should consider giving a package like this up. KD will change the landscape where ever he goes. The only reason why it didnt work in Brooklyn is bc he had Kyrie as his running mate. If he get far far away from Kyrie and team up with Steph, Klay, and Draymond with the Warriors then you can book the Warriors winning not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 well you get my point. They are going to run off title after title after title unless multiple serious injuries happen in one season like they had when both KD and Klay went down. Thats just my opinion.

HA!

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I can’t remember them all but guys I saw was Bam, Tatum, SGA, players like that. But that’s bc Simmons is on roster. If he isn’t on the roster then the rule doesn’t apply to the Nets. 

Essentially any young player on a max deal

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ben Simmons and Russ on same team? Imagine the lunacy. 

Woj saying Kyrie and KD will would like to play together yet somehow Kyrie is backing the nets into a corner. 

I thought KD and Kyrie are feuding?

Just now, jrry32 said:

I thought KD and Kyrie are feuding?

No they aren’t feuding. KD feels like the Nets organization don’t understand Kyrie. The Nets organization is tired and frustrated with Kyrie to the point where they would rather lose KD just to move on from Kyrie than to have another season and go through the drama of this past season. Things must’ve been that bad behind the scenes with the Nets and Kyrie. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Anyone that signed the rookie max extension is off the table because you can't have two on the same team.

I feel like that’s a stupid rule. Just like the Stephien Rule of not being able to trade consecutive 1st round picks.