NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t see how he’s backed anyone into a corner. The nets aren’t taking back Westbrook. 

Ben Simmons and Russ on same team? Imagine the lunacy. 

Woj saying Kyrie and KD will would like to play together yet somehow Kyrie is backing the nets into a corner. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Woj saying Kyrie and KD will would like to play together yet somehow Kyrie is backing the nets into a corner. 

It's almost as if they already have the opportunity to do that with a solid supporting cast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ben Simmons and Russ on same team? Imagine the lunacy. 

Would be the Lakers be so insane to offer up Anthony Davis + Westbrook + whatever future picks for a package of KD/Kyrie? 

The Nets are going to lose Kyrie for nothing. Weather that is a buyout or him refusing to play. I dont think there is a better player out there the Nets could get for Durant than Anthony Davis. So its basically like a KD for AD trade with shipping off Kyrie to not have to deal with the drama.

The Nets are in a horrible spot, but they could potentially turn this into Westbrook/Davis/Simmons with future picks.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean they basically mortgaged a decade worth of assets for a single title, and AD basically said he wouldn't go anywhere else but LA.  They were bidding against themselves.  I'm not saying the trade was stupid I'm saying the amount they gave up was historically high and will likely never happen again. 

There are currently six franchises in the NBA who have never even reached the finals. You are delusional if you think any of those teams would not pull a similar 'idiotic' trade for a 'single' title.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

There are currently six franchises in the NBA who have never even reached the finals. You are delusional if you think any of those teams would not pull a similar 'idiotic' trade for a 'single' title.

As a fan who went through multiple 'you have a 4 year window to win a title w/ a superstar or else you suck' times--its not nearly as fun as it sounds lol Its stressful ALL the time.

I would much rather keep building/drafting/make smart FA signings to achieve a sustainable homegrown winner for 10-15 years than sell my soul to the FA devil for 3-5 years of make or break anxiety riddled basketball seasons

Edited by AkronsWitness

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t see how he’s backed anyone into a corner. The nets aren’t taking back Westbrook. 

He's on an expiring deal so I doubt anyone is going to give up a lot for him unless they get a long term commitment. Him asking out also resulted in KD doing the same.