NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Malik Monk to the Kings. @Fureys49ers

Pretty happy about this. Defense was never going to be a strength of this team with Fox and Sabonis as our core. Atleast with Monk on board we’re improving our bottom of the league FG% and 3P% while also not asking Keegan to be our only quality shooter. A miracle was already being asked of Mike Brown to fix this defense with what he has, so this doesn’t hurt us all that much plus I think Monk’s defense actually improved significantly last year if I remember correctly. If we can go get Bruce Brown, one of the Martin Twins, GP2, Okogie as a defensive presence in the back court I’ll atleast be content with the offseason moves on the back half of the team.

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The difference is that Brooklyn was trying to bring back proven talent to compete. They aren't competing after trading Durant and likely losing Kyrie.

And even still...Ben Simmons doesn't have superstar potential, Drummond is about worthless to an actual team, and Curry is just a good value role player.

Who said they aren’t still trying to compete?  You? Others? We don’t know what the mindset of the Nets FO is thinking.

Simmons is still an all-star and elite defensive all-defensive team player. The Nets still have Seth and Harris both top tier elite 3pt shooters. They like Claxton and Brown showed how valuable he is to the team in the Boston series when KD and Kyrie did nothing Brown help keep those games close to give the Nets a chance. Not to mention the young rookies developing like Sharpe and Thomas.

So if the Nets FO think if they can get a great deal for KD and a nice deal for Kyrie to add to what they have they still will compete. Not for championships right now but still compete for top 5-6 playoff spot in the East. Especially if they move off Nash and get a better coach that can get the best out of the team.

Malik Monk 2 yr/$19M with the Kings

PJ Tucker 3 yr/$33.2M with the 76ers

Brad Beal 5 yr/$251M with the Wizards

Victor Oladipo 1 yr/$11M with the Heat

Isaiah Hartenstein 2 yr/$16M with the Knicks

Anfernee Simons 4 yr/$100M with the Blazers 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Who said they aren’t still trying to compete?  You? Others? We don’t know what the mindset of the Nets FO is thinking.

Simmons is still an all-star and elite defensive all-defensive team player. The Nets still have Seth and Harris both top tier elite 3pt shooters. They like Claxton and Brown showed how valuable he is to the team in the Boston series when KD and Kyrie did nothing Brown help keep those games close to give the Nets a chance. Not to mention the young rookies developing like Sharpe and Thomas.

So if the Nets FO think if they can get a great deal for KD and a nice deal for Kyrie to add to what they have they still will compete. Not for championships right now but still compete for top 5-6 playoff spot in the East. Especially if they move off Nash and get a better coach that can get the best out of the team.

You keep holding on to that hope, man. I think it's a huge mistake to try and continue to compete while trading away your 2 best players, but I guess we'll see what they want to do.

If they want to turn into the Spurs from the last 5 years, then by all means.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Malik Monk 2 yr/$19M with the Kings

PJ Tucker 3 yr/$33.2M with the 76ers

Brad Beal 5 yr/$251M with the Wizards

Victor Oladipo 1 yr/$11M with the Heat

Isaiah Hartenstein 2 yr/$16M with the Knicks

Anfernee Simons 4 yr/$100M with the Blazers 

Figured Vic was going to get a pay raise. Not that much though, good for him I dont see many teams offering that elsewhere.