NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's just weird/interesting to me that they did all of this.

I think this is essentially a one year prove it deal. Be shocked if he gets an extension anytime within the next year. 

This upcoming season should be first normal season (or the closest to one) we have had in a while. So it will be interesting what this team looks like. 

23 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think this is essentially a one year prove it deal. Be shocked if he gets an extension anytime within the next year. 

This upcoming season should be first normal season (or the closest to one) we have had in a while. So it will be interesting what this team looks like. 

Everyone is very down on the Nets but I personally think that Irving/Harris/Durant/Simmons can win a title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone is very down on the Nets but I personally think that Irving/Harris/Durant/Simmons can win a title.

I don’t think anybody with a basketball mind doesn’t think they can. Heck assuming there are no issues I don’t see anybody in East at very least beating us in a 7 game series. Just Too much unpredictability both in and out of their control is the determination of whether that is reality. These past two years you lose all benefit of doubt.

Edited by Kip Smithers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t think anybody with a basketball mind doesn’t think they can. Heck assuming there are no issues I don’t see anybody in East at very least beating us in a 7 game series. Just Too much unpredictability both in and out of their control is the determination of whether that is reality. These past two years you lose all benefit of doubt.

Most people here have been dragging Kyrie for the last couple of days and thought you guys were going to implode. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Knicks are looking to attach a future pick to dump Nerlens Noel's contract and the Clippers are apparently the most likely landing spot.

They better not, that’s soon to be Richaun Holmes’ new home as soon as the Kings ship him off for Kennard. 

Hornets not offering Miles Bridges a max deal?

Speaking via ESPN, Windhorst said Monday: “Let’s take a look at Miles Bridges. He’s not being offered, from what I’m told, a max contract from the Charlotte Hornets right now. So, he’s going to go out into the market place, starting on Thursday or Friday, and see if he can get that offer from somewhere else.”

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

They better not, that’s soon to be Richaun Holmes’ new home as soon as the Kings ship him off for Kennard. 

The Clippers have a $9.7M trade exception from when they traded Serge Ibaka so they'd be able to absorb Noel's deal without sending out any salary and will get some draft picks too for helping the Knicks shed salary so they can sign Brunson.

We’re talking about, you know, high-ranking people who believe that Kyrie is not this is not done. I don’t know. Yeah, let me just say this about the Lakers: He obviously was very interested in joining the Lakers, and the Lakers are very interested in having him. The problem is, is that the Lakers can’t really right now.

It never ends with Kyrie 

Still can't believe the Knicks traded away two lottery picks, Kemba Walker, are likely going to move Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks, and hired Jalen Brunson's dad as an assistant so they can sign him to a max deal. They're treating this dude like he's Kevin Durant.