NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, packerstk7 said:

Seems like a bad trade for the Spurs. What are the chances those 25 and 27 picks are in the lottery? The fit isn’t great but Murray has gotten better every year and is only 25. Seems like they could’ve got better.

Who knows how good the Hawks will be in 3-5 years, they also received a 2026 pick swap. The Spurs clearly want to tank and Atlanta was one of the only teams that could offer them no salary back (Gallo will be waived) and multiple unprotected picks.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I just can’t see a single team ponying up what the Jazz would want for Rudy, not to mention his giant contract.

The Hawks reportedly already offered us our choice of 2/3 (Huerter, Capela, Collins) and the 16th pick but we declined. Rudy raises your floor to 45-50 wins because of how great he is defensively in the regular season.

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Smart move by the Spurs.  If you're stuck in limbo better to blow it up and get what you can than perpetually pick between 9-16 where your odds of landing stars goes down.

Story coming out now that Murray wasn’t signing any kind of extension this summer either, waiting until after to maximize his earnings.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Hawks reportedly already offered us our choice of 2/3 (Huerter, Capela, Collins) and the 16th pick but we declined. Rudy raises your floor to 45-50 wins because of how great he is defensively in the regular season.

A little surprised that offer wasn’t worked on until it was a done deal then. Capela and Collins with some one like Griffin or Barnham would have been a nice collection of talent. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think the Jazz get a better offer than that

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think the Jazz get a better offer than that

Capela is trending towards negative asset status and neither Huerter or Collins are that valuable. The Spurs literally chose to take on Gallo just to waive him rather than take on Collins and his contract. 

26 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

A little surprised that offer wasn’t worked on until it was a done deal then. Capela and Collins with some one like Griffin or Barnham would have been a nice collection of talent. 

I think it could still happen potentially now that they have Griffin. I think the Jazz would prefer Hunter/Griffin.