NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Heat - Hawks trade of John Collins picking up a little. Has the return for the Hawks been mentioned at all?

I don't think it's likely to happen for a number of reasons.  First off, to make this work cap wise the Heat would need to send one of Bam Adebayo (not going to happen), Duncan Robinson, or Kyle Lowry.  Add in the picks and/or Tyler Herro and you're probably looking at a package of Duncan Robinson and picks.  Not all that appealing from Atlanta's perspective.

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think it's likely to happen for a number of reasons.  First off, to make this work cap wise the Heat would need to send one of Bam Adebayo (not going to happen), Duncan Robinson, or Kyle Lowry.  Add in the picks and/or Tyler Herro and you're probably looking at a package of Duncan Robinson and picks.  Not all that appealing from Atlanta's perspective.

That’s my thinking as well, that’s why I’m wondering what exactly the heat would be giving back that the hawks would be willing to take. Not to mention to competing teams in the same conference, doesn’t quite make sense to me.

Let's expand it.

Atlanta Hawks Receive: PG Dejounte Murray
Indiana Pacers Receive: SG Talen Horton-Tucker, SF Danillo Gallinari
Los Angeles Lakers Receive: PG Malcolm Brogdon, SG Buddy Hield, SG Josh Richardson, PF Doug McDermott
San Antonio Spurs: PG Russell Westbrook, '23 FRP (via ATL from Charlotte), '25 FRP (via ATL), '26 FRP Swap (via ATL), '27 FRP (via ATL)

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Let's expand it.

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: PG Malcolm Brogdon, SG Buddy Hield, SG Josh Richardson, PF Doug McDermott
San Antonio Spurs: PG Russell Westbrook, '23 FRP (via ATL from Charlotte), '25 FRP (via ATL), '26 FRP Swap (via ATL), '27 FRP (via ATL)

This was my issue trying to come up with 4 team trades with the Lakers. The Lakers make out like absolute bandits in any scenario, and this is the craziest one. They get 4 very solid rotation players and only have to give up 1 semi-kind of okay asset here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's expand it.

LA would kill for that deal.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

This was my issue trying to come up with 4 team trades with the Lakers. The Lakers make out like absolute bandits in any scenario, and this is the craziest one. They get 4 very solid rotation players and only have to give up 1 semi-kind of okay asset here.

Lakers are probably including a pick and probably a pick swap here.  Just going down the list here.  The trade doesn't change at all for Atlanta, so they should still be okay with it.  They're going to need to receive something from either Indiana or LA Lakers as part of the "touch" rule that requires teams to acquire a piece from at least 2 teams.  Indiana clears $12M immediately off the books, and they're clearing an additional $42M next year and $22.5M the year after that.  They clear their guard glut, and they bring in a quality veteran in Gallinari and not a bad buy-low guy on THT.  Puts their focus on Haliburton, Duarte, and Mathurin.  For the Lakers, they kill their cap flexibility in '23 and effectively close the book on Kyrie Irving effectively.  They give up cap flexibility in favor of win-now piece which are much better fits.  San Antonio probably needs more incentive, since they're eating up ~$5M in cap space but they do unload Doug McDermott's long-term salary and effectively clear their long-term books.

In terms of value, I have Buddy Hield as negative.  Malcolm Brogdon as neutral to slightly positive.  Josh Richardson as neutral, and Doug McDermott as slightly negative.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Seems like I've read multiple teams want Brogdon so I think its hard to say he doesn't have positive value. 

I feel like it's been the opposite.  I feel like teams keep passing him up, and it doesn't help that he's constantly hurt.  I think he's averaged something like 55 GP over the course of his career.

49 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That's a good trade for the Jazz

It certainly seems that way to me too. The Jazz need perimeter defense, and they’d get that with Tobi and Thybulle. Might not be a bad trade for Philly either. Bogdanovic can help them a lot. Tbh I don’t know much about O’Neale.