UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

My thoughts going into the Lions game.  Bears pull off a Win.  Bears always play this team tough bears fans always travel to Detroit.  They follow it up with another 30+ point convincing win against the browns.  Play very tough against the Vikings and lose a close one.  Finish 6-10 with major strides in the final month of the season.  Fox survives fires/demotes Loggins and hires Mike McCoy. 

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

My thoughts going into the Lions game.  Bears pull off a Win.  Bears always play this team tough bears fans always travel to Detroit.  They follow it up with another 30+ point convincing win against the browns.  Play very tough against the Vikings and lose a close one.  Finish 6-10 with major strides in the final month of the season.  Fox survives fires/demotes Loggins and hires Mike McCoy. 

If our offense flourishes in the last month under Loggains after he’s finally allowed to open things up why are we demoting or firing him if Fox isn’t also let go? Just so that we are firing someone?

41 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If our offense flourishes in the last month under Loggains after he’s finally allowed to open things up why are we demoting or firing him if Fox isn’t also let go? Just so that we are firing someone?

That and you can hire a more experienced OC.  

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If the offense does well under Loggains there is no way that he is the only persons fired.

Why would you keep Fox and lose both coordinators that are actually doing something?

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If the offense does well under Loggains there is no way that he is the only persons fired.

Why would you keep Fox and lose both coordinators that are actually doing something?

I think Fox is a goner regardless... the question is how much Fox actually impeded what Loggains wanted to do on offense (if at all, I don't really know). Should be fun watching the rest of this season unfold.

I would happily bet anyone one of those novelty giant bottles of champagne that there is no way Fox stays and Loggains and Fangio are gone.  Please accept.

I still maintain that we'll never know how much of the turds of gameplans was Fox and how much was Loggains.  I really expect Loggains to be gone either way, but I feel like he's always shown flashes of talent, like getting all that production out of Barkley last year and then shown maddening obtuseness (see, games 5-8 this year) 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I will say it again because it deserves to be said.

The coaching job that John Fox has done in Chicago is down right pathetic.

He should not coach another game.

Last week was an aberration. His coaching record and incompetence in Chicago makes Trestman look like Walsh.

The Boston Globe claimed today that Chris Ballard is all about Dave Toub, not Nagy.

Also from that article:

Caserio and McDaniels aren’t necessarily a package deal, but they’re being heavily marketed together. They’re considered favorites for NYG.

Paul Guenther is the favorite to replace Marvin Lewis.

The writer also considers Pace’s job unsafe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/12/16/which-nfl-coaches-will-coming-and-going-this-year/mobadzKlt29rJfUFMOSFZK/story.html

Archived