UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

The Boston Globe claimed today that Chris Ballard is all about Dave Toub, not Nagy.

Also from that article:

Caserio and McDaniels aren’t necessarily a package deal, but they’re being heavily marketed together. They’re considered favorites for NYG.

Paul Guenther is the favorite to replace Marvin Lewis.

The writer also considers Pace’s job unsafe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/12/16/which-nfl-coaches-will-coming-and-going-this-year/mobadzKlt29rJfUFMOSFZK/story.html

Was just about to post this...Toub deserves his shot and I would be glad if it left one of the other offensive minds in play.

2 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Here’s a name that hasn’t really been brought up, but what if Bill O’Brien becomes available?

For me he would instantly jump to #2 inn the list...very good coach who would hopefully bring Vrabel with him to run the D.

O'Brien would interest me as well. 

Interesting that Volin, who is really good, thinks Pace is in trouble or done.

I don't think he is, but interesting if that is the buzz.

I wonder if it is a situation where if the Bears can get the GM they want, hypothetically Cesario and McDaniels that maybe Pace is gone.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I wonder if it is a situation where if the Bears can get the GM they want, hypothetically Cesario and McDaniels that maybe Pace is gone.

If that were the case, then Bears would have to move at hyper speed. McDaniels only interviews during the BYE and then it’s basically silence until February.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Yeah personally I don't see Pace being out either...I think ownership has to take a bit of responsibility for forcing Fox on Pace in the first place...I also think his draft classes have been way too good to let him walk.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah personally I don't see Pace being out either...I think ownership has to take a bit of responsibility for forcing Fox on Pace in the first place...I also think his draft classes have been way too good to let him walk.

Drafting Trubisky and letting Fox coach him is like buying a Mercedes and parking it in the worst part of town during a hail storm.

What was he thinking?

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Drafting Trubisky and letting Fox coach him is like buying a Mercedes and parking it in the worst part of town during a hail storm.

What was he thinking?

It seems like he was just waiting for Fox to be fired. If that story about Dak is true I can see a really weird relationship that needs to end.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Pace's drafts have been a kevin white pick short of spectacular.  Considering his mandate was to rebuild through the draft i dont see how his job can b in jeopardy

Spectacular is a bit much. They have been good but the only elite player as of now is Jordan Howard. 

We need some truly elite players (Top 5 in the league) to make a dent.

39 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Agreed - looking at the Steelers I see brown bell Ben decastro pouncey.

We need players like this.

And yet only one of those players has been in the Super Bowl.  The Bears need good coaching and Trubisky to be an actual franchise QB.

Archived